All reviewscracker barrelroom was cleanfront deskfair priceparking lotnewer buildingbiscuits and gravystay there againwafflesgreat valuehealthy optionsthe staff was extremely friendlya virginia tech football gamegrassy areasigns of wearnice hot breakfastone night stay
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I was willing to overlook the terrible internet connection. I could go to most of my usual websites. Then, a few minutes later, I could not go. The site could not be found. This rotated back and forth all evening. I realized the water at the washbasin did not get hot. But, no biggy. HOWEVER, morning shower time. Water WOULD NOT GET HOT. Waited at least 5 minutes. Gave up. Washbasin water would not get hot, either. We have stayed at this facility before and were pleased with it. But, NOT THIS TIME. Will not go back. And, even with my AARP discount, the price (including taxes) was about $96. After telling the front desk my problems upon checkout, she gave me a $17 adjustment to my bill.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the building that is separate from the main building. This may have been some of the problems we encountered.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you for the comments. I wish we had known about all the problems before you checked out. You were the second person to tell us at check out about the hot water problem. Both you and the other guest told us that the evening prior to check out you did not have hot water. I wish someone had informed us. We could have moved you into another room or turned on the back up water heater. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. I am aware the Carol did give you a slight refund on your room rate. I hope the in the future whether you are staying with us or at another hotel you will let us know of problems so we have the chance to fix the problem and make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

A combination of fall leaf season and a Virginia Tech football game nearby made this a busy place. Especially during the breakfast hours but the staff seemed able to keep up with the endless cups of coffee. Room was great, bed a little hard but we were prepared. Great location next to Cracker Barrel if dining room gets too loaded. Only problem was location next to stairs and kids stomped up and down until the wee hours.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We stopped for the night on our way home from Florida. Room was very clean and smelled nice. Breakfast looked very good, though we decided to go out for breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I'm working in the area and bought my wife along and we are staying here. I must admit that we have been very well taken care of. Our room is clean the staff is friendly the breakfast is okay and I've had no issues. I'll stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for the additional comments. I am glad that we met your expectations and had a good stay. I will be sure to share you comments with the staff.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Nice clean place to stay. However, it's got some maintenance issues. Our keycard wouldn't work because the batteries were dead. Then our smoke alarm beeped because the batteries were dead. Informed the front desk who told us it would be fixed in the morning. We got back to the hotel after 4pm and the beds were not even made. The door still didn't work and the smoke alarm still beeped. I don't like being lied to.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends