All reviews cracker barrel room was clean front desk parking lot newer building stay there again waffles one night stay great value right next door first floor staff was very friendly hot breakfast the blue ridge parkway road construction handicapped room free breakfast
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

A combination of fall leaf season and a Virginia Tech football game nearby made this a busy place. Especially during the breakfast hours but the staff seemed able to keep up with the endless cups of coffee. Room was great, bed a little hard but we were prepared. Great location next to Cracker Barrel if dining room gets too loaded. Only problem was location next to stairs and kids stomped up and down until the wee hours.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We stopped for the night on our way home from Florida. Room was very clean and smelled nice. Breakfast looked very good, though we decided to go out for breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I'm working in the area and bought my wife along and we are staying here. I must admit that we have been very well taken care of. Our room is clean the staff is friendly the breakfast is okay and I've had no issues. I'll stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Fonda W, General Manager at Quality Inn Troutville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for the additional comments. I am glad that we met your expectations and had a good stay. I will be sure to share you comments with the staff.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Nice clean place to stay. However, it's got some maintenance issues. Our keycard wouldn't work because the batteries were dead. Then our smoke alarm beeped because the batteries were dead. Informed the front desk who told us it would be fixed in the morning. We got back to the hotel after 4pm and the beds were not even made. The door still didn't work and the smoke alarm still beeped. I don't like being lied to.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2017

This hotel has some rooms that can be accessed from the parking lot and some that use an interior hallway. Our room was clean and nicely furnished with microwave and refrigerator. The only problem was that the air conditioning kept shutting off even when I turned the temperature way down. I eventually gave up and used the fan. In the morning I went to the fitness center to use the treadmill but it was out of order. Breakfast was very good and the breakfast room was large and comfortable. Staff was pleasant and professional. Overall, this seemed like a well run hotel in spite of the couple of problems I had.

Date of stay: August 2017