All reviewsusual hiegreat stophi expresstwo queen bedsspacious roompool and hot tubyogurtbreakfast staffair conditionerfront desk staffcoffee makerinterstatefloridamicrowavehousekeepingcouch
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We stayed at this Hotel on our way home from Myrtle Beach, SC to New Jersey. The Hotel was located right off of 95 and very easy to get to for all 9 of us!! We had 3 rooms and they were located near each other which was very convenient. The kids loved the indoor pool. We ordered dinner from Angela's and the desk clerk let us use the breakfast room so we could eat together!! We have stayed at this hotel before and will definitely again!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank asmac116
Richard B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure. We hope you visit us again soon. Have a great rest of 2017 and safe travels.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

This is your typical HIE but in a very unappealing location. It is at the end of a small street just off the Interstate with refuse, an abandoned building, and truck parking along the street. It faces the Interstate on one side and another hotel on another, and there were a number of people--possibly truckers or guests at the neighboring establishment--loitering around. Though there is nothing wrong with the hotel itself, I would look for another location unless you really need to stay in Thornburg. I suggest that the HIE management take some steps to clean up their neighborhood a bit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for your response. I apologize for you not liking the land around us. Much of that is out of our control due to its not our land. We did work with the owners of the lot next to us and the piles of roofing materials that were dumped illegally have been removed and cleaned up. Also measures taken to ensure that someone will not do that again. The lot across from us is actively being marketed by Long and Foster Realty. The grass is cut their and we assist that the lot is clean and debris free. This is a growing exit. Dominion Raceway a 10+ million dollar track and entertainment venue was just built 1/2 mile from us and is doing very well with car clubs concerts and many other activities for the family. There is much growth in the works such as restaurants also. I have worked here 6 years and it is safe and secure. We do hope to see you again soon. Have a great rest of Summer.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I gave this a very good rating because there were more positives than negatives. However, the negative left a sour taste. The front desk check in was wonderful - very helpful. The room was comfortable as were the beds. There was plenty of hot water and the hotel was quiet. We were informed that breakfast as usual would be served at 6:00. We arrived at 6:00 and there was a grumpy man wandering around trying to prepare breakfast. There were dirty pots and pans and lots of noise as he tried to get things ready. We left and returned at 6:15 and things still were not prepared nor cleaned up. At this point we left and checked out as we had to get on the road and couldn't wait around any longer. I am guessing that he was not the usual "breakfast person" as he didn't seem to know where anything was because he was opening and closing all of the drawers and cabinets. We were able to get something to eat nearby but should have been able to eat at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your comments, however I think you may have the wrong hotel. First I have two females that operate breakfast and they arrive at 5AM and faithfully have breakfast ready by 5:45 every morning. If you can please let me know the date I can research further and see if there is something I am not aware of. I thank you for your time in this matter and will gladly make it right if it was my hotel.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The room was excellent. Clean and with newer amenities. We asked for a grond floor room and also close to an outside exit and were given one that fit both those features. The Breakfast was the usual HIE fare and very good.
My only complaint is that the late night staff was not very friendly. I stopped by the desk at about 1am on Saturday Night to have the charge put on a different credit card and to put my rewards number on the reservation. It seemed very obvious that the girl working felt bothered and inconvenienced to do so and actually was rude in asking why we were doing this at such a late hour. I refrained from getting into it with her and just smiled. I was going to ask to see a manager on Sunday morning but the help was obviously another young college age employee so I didn't bother. Overall a nice property and stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dldarby
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I will most assuredly look into the service matter. That truly is unacceptable and I apologize. We hope you come see us again and have safe travels in 2017.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I stay about 60 nights a year mostly in Hilton brand hotels but chose this hotel for its two bed suites and proximity. There are not a lot of major brand hotels in the area so the choice was limited.

Overall,for the money, I'd recommend you stay in a lower cost hotel. This hotel is in major need of upgrades and resembled a 1 star no frills motel.

The beds were lumpy and needed to be replaced. The Air conditioning was loud and not effective in cooking the room.

There is a single elevator that is slow and since the hotel was busy, it was full all the time.

Lastly and worst of all, the breakfast was absolutely disgusting, I wouldn't feed that kind of food to my dog. We ended up running through McDonalds.

I've stayed in a few Holiday Inn Express hotels over the past year and every one needed to be updated. Maybe it's bad luck, but I'll stick with Hilton brand hotels from now on, I've not been disappointed like I have with Holiday Inn Express hotels.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

I apologize for the stay you encountered. This property is only about six years old and as you can read from many other comments, clean and comfortable. We have added brand new pillow top mattress pads with in the last 6 months so possibly that is the "lumpiness" you are speaking of. Again my apologies and I hope you have safe travels.