“Terrific, terrific staff! Best customer service experience!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Thornburg
Reviewed 25 January 2016

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday-- during the Jonas Blizzard and due to road conditions, we were forced to stay in a hotel. This is the first one we saw so we decided to go ahead.
Before check in, we got stuck in the snow (all spaces were snowed in with a tight path to drive in and the two of the staff members helped us dig our car out and they were such a huge help! They were out there helping directing and shoveling without jackets for a good 45 minutes and incredibly patient with us. I can't speak enough of these two women, they were soo helpful and genuinely friendly!!
Nice, updated, cozy rooms (2 queen beds with sofa bed and partial kitchen -- microwave and college dorm fridge). We were pleasantly surprised the with the complimentary breakfast. (Cereal options, cinnamon buns, yogurt, bread, bagels, and muffins.) They talked with us to let us know if we needed help leaving let them know and they could assist us again. (We only stayed one night.)
Then came time to leave. We did get stuck again and with no hesitation a gentleman assisted us with shoveling and assisting with directing on how to get our car out. We couldn't have been anymore happy with the assistance and friendly service they gave us, this was much needed as we were attempting to get home from two funerals out of town. I love this staff and highly recommend them.

We did not go to the pool or gym but I did see by the elevators there was a public washer/dryer for clothes and our room was very clean. Pretty impressive considering I am a huge researcher when we stay anywhere.

This location is slightly hard to find - it is off of the highway behind Quality Inn (doesn't look very clean, personally). There is two gas stations near it and a Dairy Queen.

Would stay here again for a rest stop.

Room Tip: Our room faced the parking lot but it wasn't a big deal at all since it was more of a "rest...
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Thank you so much for your time to post a review....my condolences on the loss to your family...it was a tough snow weekend and we are glad it is over....I will certainly post this for the staff to see. We hope you got home safely and will visit us again soon with warmer and dryer weather. :)

Reviewed 6 January 2016

Drove Maine to Florida round-trip and stopped here both ways. I highly recommend it! Nice staff, clean and spacious room, coffee maker, microwave and fridge in room, indoor pool, laundry facilities, safe parking lot, free hot breakfast, quiet but right off interstate, local restaurant delivers dinner to room, wifi. It was everything we needed. We'll stay again next trip.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Richard B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Thank you so much for staying. We appreciate the business and look forward to your next visit....Have a great rest of Winter!

Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

Great location for traveling, literally right off 95. Stayed 3 nights while in town for soccer tournament. Front desk was friendly when present but many times on my way in and out there was no one behind the desk. Room was ok but had an odd odor. Looked like it was cleaned but could have been cleaned better. Room with 2 queen beds, we were always only given 3 towels and they were very poor quality. One bed firm and comfortable the other mushy and made a lot of noise. Breakfast was just ok and after the 1st day preferred to go to McDonald's next door rather than eat the free breakfast.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Dear Michele G,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with the bed condition and housekeeping. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Thornburg.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 October 2015

This hotel is right off the interstate, but was very quiet. The hotel staff was very friendly and our rooms very clean and comfortable. The pool and hot tub felt great after traveling. We would definitely stay there again. The only down side was the wifi was not consistent.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Thank you for your time to make a comments and staying with us....we greatly appreciate your business....I will look into the WiFi, thank you for that heads up. We hope to see you soon...have a great rest of 2015!!

Reviewed 21 August 2015

This is a great stop for us, inexpensive fuel, great DQ with good food and a very good hotel. We have stayed here many times running to and from Ct to Central Florida. We left Florida on the 11th of August 2015 for Ct and sometimes I may run it straight thru however that day we took an early stop. It seems that the quality has improved over the past few years along with the customer service. Staff very friendly, the breakfast was very good along with a friendly server. I use to stay in a well known hotel in Petersburg famous for their mattresses, there were 12 or so contractor trucks in the lot and I was blessed to be on the same floor with them.....never again, I see trucks in the lot, I keep on going. So far never had that here. A year and a half ago in November I was hauling my 30' boat and pulled in at 5 a.m. I was over width and was running at night. I asked if I could stay a little past check out and they accommodated me with 3 extra hours...now that is customer service.

Room Tip: I prefer second floor on the backside of hotel..
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a comment...you obviously have many choices and we are honored to have you as a guest...the McDonalds is very good also...we have a couple of sit down restaurants with in a half mile also...a great Italian and Mexican place....we hope to see you again soon and wish you safe travels along I-95

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg

Address: 6415 Dan Bell Lane, Thornburg, VA 22565 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118))
Region: United States > Virginia > Thornburg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Thornburg
Price Range: €71 - €113 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg 2.5*
The new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg-Fredericksburg, VA is conveniently located off I-95 at exit 118. Our hotel offers a 100% non-smoking environment & our famous Express Start Continental breakfast featuring the best tasting cinnamon rolls. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Thornburg & enjoy our other offerings of the Simply Smart Bath & Bedding Programs, free local & toll calls, free HSIA, a complimentary business center, 24-hour guest laundry, a refreshing heated-indoor pool & whirlpool & a 24-hour fitness center to stay in shape while on the road. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (i-95 Exit 118) Hotel Thornburg
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Thornburg (i-95 Exit 118)
Holiday Inn Thornburg