“CONVENIENT FOR TRAVELING 95.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Thornburg
Reviewed 21 August 2015

This is a great stop for us, inexpensive fuel, great DQ with good food and a very good hotel. We have stayed here many times running to and from Ct to Central Florida. We left Florida on the 11th of August 2015 for Ct and sometimes I may run it straight thru however that day we took an early stop. It seems that the quality has improved over the past few years along with the customer service. Staff very friendly, the breakfast was very good along with a friendly server. I use to stay in a well known hotel in Petersburg famous for their mattresses, there were 12 or so contractor trucks in the lot and I was blessed to be on the same floor with them.....never again, I see trucks in the lot, I keep on going. So far never had that here. A year and a half ago in November I was hauling my 30' boat and pulled in at 5 a.m. I was over width and was running at night. I asked if I could stay a little past check out and they accommodated me with 3 extra hours...now that is customer service.

Room Tip: I prefer second floor on the backside of hotel..
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a comment...you obviously have many choices and we are honored to have you as a guest...the McDonalds is very good also...we have a couple of sit down restaurants with in a half mile also...a great Italian and Mexican place....we hope to see you again soon and wish you safe travels along I-95

Reviewed 16 August 2015

We usually stay at this hotel every summer when visiting family in Spotsylvania, VA. It's conveniently located right off i95 and easy to get to.

The hotel is updated, quiet, clean and has ample parking. Compared to other HIE hotels, this has been updated and has all of the amenities that you'd want. More than anything, it's CLEAN! YAY!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a response and being a return guest. We know you have choices and we are honored to have you as a guest. We hope to see you again soon at when you come to Spotsylvania again. Have a great Summer!

Reviewed 4 May 2015 via mobile

Staff was friendly. Room was unattractive, and air handling unit very loud, perfume smell in room and dog barking in hall. Poor nights sleep. Breakfast eggs extremely salty, toast stale, muffins hard. Off our list of places to stop. Holiday Inn needs to raise standards on this one.

Stayed: May 2015
2  Thank Rks01
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. While we strive for every guest to have a pleasant experience, I apologize you did not have that. It is very unusual that this occurs. As you can see by many other responses you experience was not the normal. I do hope to see you again as I am very confident you will not have that same type of stay. We value your business and hope to get another opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

Stayed here on our way back to Montreal. Right off the I95 this is the perfect rest stop. Indoor pool , workout room , clean decor. Also soundproof rooms that were very neat. Great breakfast with everything hot and cold. As well if you eat at Angela's Italian nearby (superb) you get a 10% discount when you mention this Inn.
Will stay there again on our return trip.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew T
Richard B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2015

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. We know you have many choices and are honored to have you as a guest. We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip.

Reviewed 1 March 2015

On our way back from Florida we made arrangements to stop at this Holiday Inn and we were glad we did. Upon arriving on 2/28 at around 615 pm we were greeted by the very cheerful and welcoming Desk Clerk. Unfortunately we did not get her name. She was wonderful to deal with. We asked for a recommendation for a place to eat and she recommended a nearby Italian Restaurant (Angela's) which was fabulous. Our room was VERY clean and we absolutely enjoyed our stay. The breakfast bar was fantastic with one of the best selections I have seen in a long time. The coffee was EXCELLENT also.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John L

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the business and will pass these comments on to the desk staff....stop by and get coffee anytime....we look forward to seeing you again soon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg

Address: 6415 Dan Bell Lane, Thornburg, VA 22565 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (I-95 Exit 118))
Region: United States > Virginia > Thornburg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Thornburg
Price Range: €71 - €114 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg 2.5*
The new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg-Fredericksburg, VA is conveniently located off I-95 at exit 118. Our hotel offers a 100% non-smoking environment & our famous Express Start Continental breakfast featuring the best tasting cinnamon rolls. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Thornburg & enjoy our other offerings of the Simply Smart Bath & Bedding Programs, free local & toll calls, free HSIA, a complimentary business center, 24-hour guest laundry, a refreshing heated-indoor pool & whirlpool & a 24-hour fitness center to stay in shape while on the road. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Thornburg-S. Fredericksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Thornburg (i-95 Exit 118) Hotel Thornburg
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Thornburg (i-95 Exit 118)
Holiday Inn Thornburg