“Valentines Dinner while traveling”

Lowery's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in Tappahannock
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Looked ahead and planned to stop in Tappahannock for dinner while traveling. My wife had prime rib special and I had fried oysters for dinner. Both were very good. Vegetable selection was limited and the salad a bit plain. Service was fine. Special red velvet cake for dessert. Nice stop.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

That is the only restaurant I know of that offers southern hospitality. The employees are exceptional! Our food was delicious. Ground steak with gravy and onions. If you see stewed tomatoes on menu and you don't order them slap yourself. They are sooooo good. Taste like your mother or grandmother's. You cannot beat the price for the portion of food. I had to get a carry out box. Hate to mention but being honest they need to tighten up on the bread pudding. Not good.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Found this place while in town for a quick day business trip and next time I’m near I’ll definitely be going back!

I ordered the Cajun grilled fish tacos and was stuffed! The flavor was great and the homemade bread on the side was a nice surprise. My wife ordered the buffet and everything she tried was cooked well and had great taste.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Lowery’s is a favorite stop whenever we visit Tappahanock, VA. The meal was delicious as usual. We chose the all you can eat soup and salad. We chose the she crab soup. It proved to be a great choice. The soup and salad were filling and delicious. Lowery’s has never disappointed. We purposely go through Tappahanock just to visit this quaint restaurant that’s been around it seems forever.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Enjoyed their super-fresh local oysters, a rich and creamy crab stew, and reasonably-priced, nice wine.