“Delicious variety ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Found this place while in town for a quick day business trip and next time I’m near I’ll definitely be going back!

I ordered the Cajun grilled fish tacos and was stuffed! The flavor was great and the homemade bread on the side was a nice surprise. My wife ordered the buffet and everything she tried was cooked well and had great taste.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Lowery’s is a favorite stop whenever we visit Tappahanock, VA. The meal was delicious as usual. We chose the all you can eat soup and salad. We chose the she crab soup. It proved to be a great choice. The soup and salad were filling and delicious. Lowery’s has never disappointed. We purposely go through Tappahanock just to visit this quaint restaurant that’s been around it seems forever.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Enjoyed their super-fresh local oysters, a rich and creamy crab stew, and reasonably-priced, nice wine.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Picked up an order Friday night from the carry out shop at Lowery's. The cabbage was sweet like there was sugar in it. I've never had sugar in cabbage before and don't care for it at all. Mashed potatoes obviously from a box of instant and gravy is like some kind of clear jelly and artificial flavor. Definitely not scratch made. Food here is way too expensive to be from a can or box. Macaroni salad & potato salad taste like they are from a tub at wal-mart. It is pretty obvious that the do NOT make their own sides.
On a good note, the fried chicken, meats & seafood are really good. The rolls taste homemade and are quite good also.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Lowery's Restaurant has been a Tappahannock tradition since 1938, and it was a family tradition for my son and I from 1984 until he passed away in 2015. It's taken me a little while to get back up the road since he's been gone (Tappahannock's about an hour from home), but my husband and I were in town today and decided to stop for lunch. The menu has changed over the years...but the food's still great. We arrived around 11:30 and were taken straight to our seats. Our waitress was very pleasant and took care of our every need. I ordered a Turkey Club Sandwich with Fries, and it was more than I could eat. I'll have lunch for tomorrow ! My husband had a Steak and Cheese, which was served on a hamburger bun, and enjoyed every bite...even eating all of his fries. The fries were excellent by the way. I'm not going to wait so long between trips again, there's a reason that this restaurant has survived since 1938.