“WORST HOTEL IN SUFFOLK. EVER !!!!!”
Review of Motel 6 Suffolk

Motel 6 Suffolk
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Reviewed 30 July 2017

The Motel 6 on Pruden Blvd (Rt 460) in Suffolk, Va. is a pure disaster of a hotel. I would NOT recommend anybody to stay at this particular hotel. The management was unprofessional with customer service. And the lobby looked like it was outdated. The ceiling in the lobby was leaking. They had beat up fridges and worn out microwaves. Wifi was NOT working. And I had to change rooms because of small roaches were found in the original room I had. The ice machine didn't even work at all. Anyone who thinks this hotel was nice, has lost their freakin' minds. The lounge looked like a storage garage. And the ballrooms were a hot mess. I strongly would recommend that this Motel 6 in Suffolk be CLOSED DOWN and rebuilt and remodeled. This was the WORST experience I have ever encountered with a hotel chain. This hotel has to be CLOSED DOWN for remodeling and re paving. And BETTER lighting in the parking area. Someone needs to contact the Suffolk, Va. Department of Health and the Va. Department of Health to come and padlock this hotel. Also the staff needs to be changed to REAL professional staff and REAL management to know how to keep a hotel presentable and cleaned to standards. Bottom line is this; I will NOT be coming back to this Motel 6 in Suffolk again. And I would NOT recommend anybody to go to this particular Motel 6. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

Room Tip: Go anywhere in Suffolk. EXCEPT for the Motel 6 on Rt 460
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank EricJ195
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Eric, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We would like to make sure you spoke with our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to have a record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Suffolk

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

It's just cheap. Poorly cleaned. Terrible decor, no fridge. Busters hanging around. This is more like the shack up spot. Good if your just tryna sleep for a few hours. Broken mirror in the room. Parking lot needs cleaning. Customer service was nice though. I saw no vending or ice machines anyway. Smoking area needs to be better cared for.

Stayed: May 2017
2  Thank Wiggy202
Reviewed 3 January 2017

The best thing about this property is that they accept pets, oh man Thanks God, I have a big pit bull that other motel would not accept. would like to come back if I pass by this area. will recommend to others with pet.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank shaheer s
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I was happy for the price that I paid and the bed was extremely comfortable and the staff was amazingly nice. But they most defiantly need a major over haul on cleanliness. The walls were dirty dust built up on the carpets and water stains on the roof.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bgmama72
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Man oh man oh man. Stay away from here unless you're looking for adventure. We stayed here because it was a Friday night and we just happened to be in a beach area on one night of a road trip. Everywhere else was either sold out or really expensive, so we decided to give this Motel 6 a try. I've stayed in others and been pleasantly surprised, but this one was not pleasant. You definitely want the light OFF here. The exterior and the operations that we experienced were downright nerve wracking. The interior of the room was better than the rest of the experience, but still not good. We would absolutely NOT stay here again. I would suggest that no one stay here.

We arrived during daylight. The grounds were not great, but we didn't expect that. I will say that this hotel has a LARGE outdoor pool, which would have been an absolute treat if we hadn't been so tired. On our way to our room on the second floor (hotel has exterior entrances), we found the stairwells so dirty and falling apart that we didn't want to touch anything with our hands or our bags. When we got inside the room, it wasn't too bad looking at first sight. It was mostly clean, but there were a couple of GLARING exceptions. The bed was low and thin. The sheets were possibly the thinnest sheets I've ever seen. There was a giant ball of hair extension under the soft chair in the room. My partner thought it was a mouse at first. The toilet was badly stained, but it seemed clean. In fact, that's how most of this room was. Looks terrible and old, but seemed clean. But then I got in the shower. That shower curtain was actively trying to give me a disease! Really gross. Ugh, now I'm thinking about it again.

The absolute WORST thing about this hotel was that it was being so poorly run. And I don't just mean in general, I mean that the people running things when we checked in were repeatedly getting things just bass-ackwards. They were announcing and repeating room numbers in front of a lobby full of people. That is a major safety no-no. You should ask for a different room if your room number is announced in front of other people. There were at least four different rooms being switched around for issues while we were in the lobby. We asked for a room with a refrigerator, but received one without one. The exterior of the hotel was in terrible shape with peeling paint and very dirty appearance. The stairwells were dark enough to cause alarm. The exterior lighting didn't come on until well after dark. Leaving our car on the lot felt like a gamble. It was a clusterduck all the way around.

Our pattern is to arrive late and sleep late. We didn't sleep well here at all. When we found ourselves awake at 5:00am, we decided to just get out of here before we saw this place in the light of day.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Camping perhaps. Sleep in the car at a truck stop.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lisawP2538TW
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Lisa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Suffolk
17.5 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites
#31 of 42 in Chesapeake
20.6 km away
Courtyard Suffolk Chesapeake

Been to Motel 6 Suffolk? Share your experiences!