“All of the nope in the city of Suffolk, VA lives at the Motel 6”
Review of Motel 6 Suffolk

Motel 6 Suffolk
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Man oh man oh man. Stay away from here unless you're looking for adventure. We stayed here because it was a Friday night and we just happened to be in a beach area on one night of a road trip. Everywhere else was either sold out or really expensive, so we decided to give this Motel 6 a try. I've stayed in others and been pleasantly surprised, but this one was not pleasant. You definitely want the light OFF here. The exterior and the operations that we experienced were downright nerve wracking. The interior of the room was better than the rest of the experience, but still not good. We would absolutely NOT stay here again. I would suggest that no one stay here.

We arrived during daylight. The grounds were not great, but we didn't expect that. I will say that this hotel has a LARGE outdoor pool, which would have been an absolute treat if we hadn't been so tired. On our way to our room on the second floor (hotel has exterior entrances), we found the stairwells so dirty and falling apart that we didn't want to touch anything with our hands or our bags. When we got inside the room, it wasn't too bad looking at first sight. It was mostly clean, but there were a couple of GLARING exceptions. The bed was low and thin. The sheets were possibly the thinnest sheets I've ever seen. There was a giant ball of hair extension under the soft chair in the room. My partner thought it was a mouse at first. The toilet was badly stained, but it seemed clean. In fact, that's how most of this room was. Looks terrible and old, but seemed clean. But then I got in the shower. That shower curtain was actively trying to give me a disease! Really gross. Ugh, now I'm thinking about it again.

The absolute WORST thing about this hotel was that it was being so poorly run. And I don't just mean in general, I mean that the people running things when we checked in were repeatedly getting things just bass-ackwards. They were announcing and repeating room numbers in front of a lobby full of people. That is a major safety no-no. You should ask for a different room if your room number is announced in front of other people. There were at least four different rooms being switched around for issues while we were in the lobby. We asked for a room with a refrigerator, but received one without one. The exterior of the hotel was in terrible shape with peeling paint and very dirty appearance. The stairwells were dark enough to cause alarm. The exterior lighting didn't come on until well after dark. Leaving our car on the lot felt like a gamble. It was a clusterduck all the way around.

Our pattern is to arrive late and sleep late. We didn't sleep well here at all. When we found ourselves awake at 5:00am, we decided to just get out of here before we saw this place in the light of day.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Camping perhaps. Sleep in the car at a truck stop.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lisawP2538TW
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Lisa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Traveling on a budget can be just as exciting as traveling when you're flush. But in a different way. We've all had the luxury of 1200 count linen but how often do you get the exhilaration that comes with a gangway so dark you won't go down it. The place had no toilet paper in the room, a phone that didn't work, a TV that was iffy and a pop machine that only the bravest of us would venture to...after dark. It was kind of clean and it's one saving grace was it had a air conditioner that was spitting out snow balls. I can remember my last words to my wife that night...honey, did you lock and latch the door?

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank blackfootcamp
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

This motel is very old an yes it shows. But the hotel staff are amazing.. After driving all night I was able to go head an check into my room at 6am.. No fee an no questions asked about my dog.. Which was amazing.. My room was clean.. Old and it showed but clean.. They also have a pool which is a plus positive.. I will definitely be staying here again.. Also Gary that works the front desk was great.. Thank u so much for making this a wonderful trip for me my husband an our dog Roxi.. Thank u so much..

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2016

regular rooms as it suppose to be as an motel 6, I have saved a lot by staying here, about 25 to 30 minutes away from beach but its worth it and you will save a lot.it used to be quality in the last tine stayed here but now its motel 6

Room Tip: you can park right in frond of your room
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

I visited last weekend this motel 6. it was an amazing stay. I had stayed a lot of different motel 6 but this one was the upgraded one. The staff created very friendly and warm environment. I will suggest this place to all who are visiting around the area

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family