“My Motel 6 Experience”
Review of Motel 6 Suffolk

Motel 6 Suffolk
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Suffolk
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I stayed at Motel 6 for two days during the fall. I needed a place for a few days for myself and my children. I was able to get a discount from the Manager who saw my need for shelter at the time. The room was warm, clean, and pretty upgraded as my children enjoyed the flat screen. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 December 2015

One-night stay. The hotel seems to have known better times. The very welcoming lady at the reception gave me a room on the first floor, the stairs outside were very dark. The surroundings of the hotel are not that bright neither. There is a fastfood joint that you'd better ignore.
The room itself was OK, value for money, but not very clean. Remote control was dirty and the carpets so full of dust that I had respiratory problems at night and woke up with heavy head-ache. I suppose I had bad luck, but I won't go back there.

Stayed: November 2015
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Wouter,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Went 2 motel just 2 get away from home me n my husband set n watch TV 4 a hr then got up 2 take a bath but there was no water this was 11 at night I spoke 2 the front desk n ask 4 my money back I had only been n the room for a hr he told me he couldn't do that but assured me the water would b back on n a hr well it is 7:18 still no water never again

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2015

Stayed this past Friday night since it was the only hotel with 1 room left during an event weekend in the area. Assigned Room 250, a non-smoking room: 1) reeked with stale cigarette odor, 2) inside of toilet bowl was severely stained, 3) sink was loose on the vanity, 4) lamp socket damaged - bulb was hanging limp - wires exposed - electrical hazard, 5) pillow case was soiled, 6) only 2 small towels that could double as loofas, 7) portable air conditioner on the floor instead of permanent in the wall and 8) really reeked with stale cigarette smoke. All of this for the tidy price of $92.00. My advice? Never stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles W
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2015

Charles,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to our rate policies and the inconveniences you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with the experience you describe we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Out of necessity, and due to a lack of availability from pet friendly hotels anywhere else in Suffolk, I risked it for a night out of a five night reservation. The reviews that claim recently renovated could not be more misleading, the outlets were painted over carpets stained. Overall it was disgusting still had urine on the toilet from previous occupants. The only room they had was smoking, as a previous smoker not ideal but I could work with it until my dogs, wife, and myself roll out of bed ,without a wink of sleep smelling like a Snoop Dog/Willie Nelson concert, from the 2 competing hotel parties. I would not stay here again if they paid me to, they are pet friendly though the staff were even leaving out food and water for the stray cats.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Troy L
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Suffolk, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

Troy,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the inconveniences you experienced with the comfort of your bed during your stay. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.