All reviews the pub dining room continental breakfast no elevator third floor old victorian historic building wonderful victorian two flights of stairs bagels shenandoah valley skyline drive crab cakes romantic weekend fresh fruit staff was very friendly and helpful comfy bed
Reviewed 18 July 2018

The Strasburg Hotel began life as a Hospital with the supervising Doctor’s residence next door. Both over the years have been converted to a Bed and Breakfast venue.

Donna lingered at the front desk after check in and got an overview of the history. Seems they don’t rent out the third floor due to excessive hauntings. Without an elevator, I suspect the third floor would not be a big destination in most traveler's plans, haunting or otherwise. One room contains a self-rocking, rocking chair so the story goes.

We stayed on the second floor of the Doctor’s former residence. We survived the night without excessive screaming and slept comfortably. Showering was a bit of an exercise in a big Jacuzzi tub with no shower curtain. Interesting concept.

Breakfast was served the next morning in the Hotel’s restaurant. It was a limited buffet continental affair with an Apple Crumble cake “too die for” according to the front desk clerk. It was an exceptionally good cake.

Room Tip: Beware! Spooks on the third floor!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fred W
Reviewed 9 June 2018

I made a reservation the day before traveling. The hotel seem reasonably priced and I've never stayed in an older house, so I thought I would try it. That was a mistake. When booking, I noted that I might be late. And boy was I late! There were major accidents on both 64 and 81 North. A trip that should have taken 5 hours took over 10! I was so exhausted by the time I hit Strasburg, all I wanted to do was fall into bed. That would have been so nice.
I located the hotel and liked the look of the town as I drove in. I was looking forward to exploring in the morning.
The hotel, was dark and the doors were locked. I tried ringing the doorbell a few times but no one answered. Since it was about 11, even though it was the right name and all, I got concerned that maybe I had made a mistake. I walked down the sidewalk, and didn't see any other place where one might get in.
I went back to the car and drove back down the main street to the Dunkin' Donuts. They were very helpful and considerate, letting me just sit down and use their wi-fi. (No smart phone here.) I confirmed the address, wrote an e-mail, w/ no response. I called Travelocity who I booked the room thru. The machine said to call the hotel. I did. So answer after lots of ringing!
Went back to the hotel, tried again, where another guest tried to help me, but to no avail. I was so disgusted and exhausted.
If they closed their doors at a certain time, fine. But let people who are looking for a place to stay no if you lock your doors!
I ended up back @ the DDonuts show where I got a room at a local chain hotel a couple miles away.
But it didn't end there. According to one of the hotel staff, this is not the first time they have gotten guests that were locked out of the "hotel". When I got in the room, I tried to call the hotel again, and per the desk manager, I was encouraged to call the service I booked the room thru. I was on the phone, and on hold for over 15 minutes while they tried to call the hotel. They didn't have any luck either.
I demanded a refund for my room, and have been notified that it was being processed, after they followed up w/ the hotel.
I appreciated that the second hotel had a room. It was nice and clean w/ black out curtains. I didn't make it to bed until after 2 and missed out on the breakfast, but I didn't care. I was so glad to have a place to sleep.
The thing is, because of the back experience w/ the first "hotel" I couldn't wait to get the heck out of that town. The only money I spent in that town was for a couple of donuts. It's a shame too, because it looked like a nice town to wonder around.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Choose a hotel w/ better ratings and feedback. No photos. Sorry. Couldn't wait to get out of the town.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Marykay K
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying here for a night and it was like stepping back into time. Breathtaking architecture, friendly and attentive help and a warm atmosphere made our experience excellent. The attention to detail puts this hotel above tht rest.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Thanks so much to the team at Hotel Strasburg. Me and a friend were there for a biking weekend. In spite of our sweaty appearances and grimy bikes, the staff were charming and delightful and completely professional. And also flexible in our needs for showers. :) The rooms are quaint but comfortable. This is not your typical chain hotel so be prepared for awkward floor boards and stairs. But it was well worth it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Never stay at the Hotel Strasburg, VA. It’s downtown in Strasburg Virginia. At first we thought it was a cute quaint hotel similar to a B & B. It has that look. We arrived late and pre-paid so after checking in leaving wasn’t an option. It’s very dirty. Not just our room. The whole place needs a deep cleaning. I have attached pictures

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family