All reviews front desk skyline drive room was clean sofa bed free breakfast queen suite scrambled eggs shenandoah valley an italian restaurant exercise room hot tub bagels very nice hotel road trip convenient location definitely stay here again hot items
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I drove out of my way to stay at this hotel specifically because I've had pleasant experiences with them in other towns. This time was no different. The staff was friendly, breakfast was yummy, room was clean, shower hot, towels plush, and the bed was cozy. I couldn't really ask for much more. I also liked that the room had a microwave. I've stayed at other Fairfields and they didn't. It's always a plus to have one just in case. I didn't swim in the pool, but it did look very small. This may be an issue for large families or people who don't want to be really close to strangers.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I was impressed by the staff. I am platinum and stay in lots of hotels all over the world. This is not a five star hotel, yet they proved five star service. The room was clean and roomy. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I called ahead of time to get a room on the 4th floor away from the elevator. I also asked if we could get a room that had little or no spray in it. Hotel smells make me nauseous. Upon entering the room it was 61 degrees and absolutely freezing. We shut the ac off and cracked the window but it probably took 4 hours to get the room somewhat comfortable. The room was clean. The highlight of our stay was Becky at the front desk who asked me if I checked in via Priceline. I told her I had not but due to the Marriot website being down all day Sunday I was unable to find a hotel online. Since we stayed here before I googled FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES STRASBURG SHENANDOAH VALLEY and was able to make a reservation directly or so I thought. It turns out I made a reservation on reservations. com. Becky contacted them and made sure I got points for my visit! She was one of the most professional front desk personnel I have encountered especially at this middle tier hotel level. Small annoyance. One elevator an 2 luggage trolleys☹️

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Despite paying for an upgrade to a suite, the overall room condition let much to be desired. Each of the elements listed in the title of this review led to a less than satisfactory experience despite paying $200 for one night. The unwelcomed hair in the shower and bath from a previous guest(s) was esepcially unacceptable. I informed the front desk about this who offered a blank stare and, "I'll look into that." So much for customer service...Will try the next door Ramada next time or an Air BnB.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Vkeffer, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear NYCDGirl,

Thank you so much for giving us a feedback on your stay. I am very surprised about this issue since our priority is to give you an amazing stay.

I can assure you this is not the way we handle business in our hotel and I would appreciate if you could please send me an email or call us at the hotel so I can learn more about your stay and take care of you!

Thank you again for giving us your feedback! This is the only way we have to improve and re train our staff as needed.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on our way back from NYC to NC. Trying to avoid congestion around DC. Enjoyed takeout pizza from a local joint. Took a swim in the pool. Got a good nights sleep and a good free breakfast. Headed out the next morning refreshed and ready to go! Thanks!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family