Lowest prices for your stay
US$181
Hotels.com
US$181
Vio.com
US$166
TravelocityUS$181
Orbitz.comUS$181
HurbUS$191
All reviews chef's tasting monroe room shenandoah national park next morning small bottle of champagne skyline drive swift run gap crab cakes a lovely stay included breakfast bed was comfortable pairing fireplace charlottesville cottage hosts accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2022 via mobile

Tylor suite is large, with two generously sized rooms and a bathroom between them. The sitting room has a comfortable couch, tv, half size refrigerator and microwave. Immediately outside the suite is the second floor porch with tables and chairs.
Bed on the right side of the bedroom was uncomfortable. It was hard and it sagged in the middle. I didn’t try the other bed because my wife and I only brought one allergy mattress cover and she was still sleeping on it, albeit restlessly.
The sitting room has an unpleasant odor. I brought a Coway air purifier but it didn’t fully remove the smell, which might be in the couch or rug. It smelled like cat pee. Although I don’t imagine cats are allowed in. There are four or more cats on the property. You can smell them and their food in the outdoor stairwell. They are fed outside the Tylor suite on the second floor porch.
The suite is dark during the daytime even on a sunny day, in part because of the dark green walls and the curtains which are sewn together at the top and cannot be fully opened. The lamps do a poor job at illuminating the space. The bathroom has bright lights. The curtains are not room-darkening however. Between the uncomfortable bed and morning light, I was unable to sleep past 5:00 am.
Breakfast was not until 9:00, so it was a relief to find snacks in the room. I wish we’d stayed at a hotel. We wanted to be near the venue for a family event, which we were. Other family members stayed thirty miles away in a Hyatt. They had the right idea.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2022

One of my toughest days ever on the road. Trip started in rain, which persisted all day. Half way to Charlottesville my check engine light came on. This entailed several stops trying to make sure I didn’t blow up my cars engine. Got behind schedule going by Flow Porsche in Charlottesville. They thought I would be ok, broken gas cap. Then swung by my school and after that the Inn. Weather was still horrible, pouring rain. I got there a little after 8 hoping to still get dinner, I missed my earlier reservation. There were people still in dining room but informed kitchen totally shut down. I really hadn’t eaten all day. Domino’s was my only option. Got into my room, it was nice but had a few issues. Women’s hair was still in shower floor/drain, I’m bald. The fridge was unplugged and fully defrosted which meant I couldn’t refrigerate some drinks I had with me. Woke up at 6 next morning starving. Breakfast not served till 9. Decided to head out at 745, went to check out and front was locked up tight. No one was around. I ended up going back to my room and locking key in room. Ate breakfast at Maybelles in Dyke. Huge breakfast, great food.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2022 via mobile

Went to the Inn for our anniversary dinner. Was met by very welcoming and friendly staff. Had a lovely dinner and personable staff. Staff was helpful with choosing items and we were not rushed. Truly enjoyed the Toffee and pineapple upside down Bundt cakes

Room tip: Parking in the rear. Walk up path to Inn
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2022

We found the Lafayette Inn while looking for a place to stay in order to enjoy the beautiful Shenandoah National Park. The Lafayette Inn was an added bonus that made our trip special. We had a scheduling conflict but the proprietor, Alan, was extremely accommodating. He was very personable and easy to work with. The complementary breakfast was delicious and far above any hotel fare you will ever find. The room was furnished with lovely antiques, a comfortable bed and good water pressure with plenty of hot water; not always a guarantee in a 180 year old Inn. All those things made the Lafayette Inn nice, but what made it great was the fine cuisine. We ate four fabulous dishes during our weekend stay along with five perfect deserts. I know the math doesn’t work out quite right but we had to try most of the desserts. I recommend the Lafayette Inn for your next visit the the Park, or Charlottesville, or the Virginia wine country, or any excuse you can find.

Date of stay: April 2022
Alan Pyles, Owner at Lafayette Inn and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2022

Thank you...we already look forward to your return!

Reviewed 29 March 2022

We had a lovely stay at the Inn, and a remarkable dinner in the restaurant.
We enjoyed the 10-course Chef's Tasting Dinner, and we highly recommend it for an enjoyable evening. Don't feel as if you must eat every last morsel. The wine is paired with the dish. Simply enjoy.

Date of stay: March 2022
Alan Pyles, Owner at Lafayette Inn and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2022

Thank you!