“Amazing Food”
Review of Afghan Bistro

Afghan Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Afghan Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 219 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

The nuances with spices, herbs and textures was simply delicious. Some of the best food in the Washington DC area. Worth the drive from wherever you live. Really. Many vegetarian choices!

1  Thank Ruth20904

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Amazing restaurant. Thoughtful, attentive service. Tasty, flavorful food. Never had Afgan food before, but I will be back!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

From the moment I walked in the door, I received exceptional customer service from a staff that treated me as if they had known me my whole life. They served some of the most tender and most tasty grilled lamb chops that I have ever had and, I am a self-proclaimed grilled lamb chop connoisseur. Oh yeah, I also had one of the most delicious, what seemed to be mellow, but an unquestionably potent, Margarita on the rocks! I was/am thoroughly impressed with this establishment.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

My husband an I went here for a "date night." I highly recommend this restaurant; all the food selections were outstanding, although packed, the spacing was comfortable..even with winter coats to contend with. The wait staff is attentive but not hovering.
Reservations are needed. We tried to "drop in" one night but could not be seated.
Although I do not recall seeing a high chair, there were several children (infant to toddler age) in the restaurant.

1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 6 April 2018

First review of the Bistro in over two years. We first dined here about 2 months after Omar opened the venue. We have enjoyed the Bistro several times since then, and are pleased that they have continued to have success.

Although we have favorites, on this night we ordered from the specials. As always, we were not disappointed. Service is quick and attentive, and if there are any mistakes, they rectify the situation promptly and with $$ if needed. Portion sizes are on the large side, the food is incredible, and everything we have ever tried has been great.

On this night, for the first time ever there were no familiar faces among the staff. We are a bit concerned at this, wondering if the overall performance would suffer. But we were needless worried. Omar and family trained their staff quite well and the food and service were every bit as good as ever.

You cannot go wrong with the Bistro, but you need reservations almost anytime now!

1  Thank Scott_M_SubGuy