“Exceptional food, exceptional service ”

Mike's American Grill
Ranked #2 of 212 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited on a Sunday evening and it was very busy. But this restaurant is very large with two floors for seating. We were given a wait time of 15-25 minutes and we were called after 20 minutes. All of the staff are friendly and efficient.

After we ordered our entrees we we brought a basket of breads and herb butter. The raisin bread was wonderful and the Aussie balls were amazing (almost like the consistency of donuts). They brought us more when we asked.

My husband ordered the Mahi mahi entree served over spinach and portobello mushrooms in a creamy sauce. It was so delicious he said he felt it was crafted just for him.

I ordered the Jambalaya Pasta -with shrimp, thinly sliced chicken, steak, mushrooms and other veggies in an amazing sauce. Each bite was like a party in my mouth!

We also orders a side of roasted Brussels sprouts with pecans and bacon. Fabulous!

The service is very quick and efficient for such a busy restaurant. They work in teams to get your food on the table and drinks refilled etc so you don’t have to wait on one particular server to do it all.

This restaurant is top notch. We don’t have even one negative comment to write.

The prices are in the high range so expect dinners to cost between $16-$27. Sides were addition $4.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

One of the best steak places in the area. Excellent service and the food is perfect!! This was my first visit and I plan to be back very soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We visited Mike’s as a family with one child who has severe food allergies. The chef came to the table to discuss our child’s special needs and then prepared chicken in a separate pan. They even provided specially prepared fries.

The meals were great but the service was one-of-a-kind.

We will never forget Mike’s thoughtfulness and support.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

This used to be one of our favorites in the area but the parking situation is dreadful. Went with a group of friends and an inconsiderate diner decided to create her own parking spot that blocked me in. The manager was of no help. I waited an hour for the woman to emerge and move her car. They need to enforce a strict towing policy, parking has always been a problem there. Perhaps the county should look at whether they have adequate parking for the business they do.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We were so excited to try this restaurant because of all the great reviews.
Unfortunately it was just mediocre.
I had the crab cakes, my husband had the chicken in brown butter sauce.
It was fine but nothing to write home about.
And we paid $52 for that and the tip - way too expensive.
Won't be going again.