“Very nice, clean, pizzeria.”
Review of Saratoga Pizzeria

Saratoga Pizzeria
Ranked #35 of 213 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Really... amazing... pizza. I had the garlic/cheese bread (six pieces) and the a large special pizza. The bread was ho-hum, but the pizza, was amazing.

Really. I usually have to search few places before I can even find a place with regular pizza. This was one of the thickest pizzas I'd ever had and the crust was great and crispy and kind of melted in my mouth. Not buttery though, it was pretty healthy it seemed. I could only eat two pieces and normally I can far more than that.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Where to start: the waitstaff are like family to us and other long timers. The food is excellent! Pizzas, subs, Greek and Italian dishes, yummy salads are all part of the menu. They also serve breakfast/brunch on the weekends.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Ok, they aren't really 5 star but I count my self so lucky to have a great family restaurant run by a lovable extended family in our neighborhood. Restaurant Impossible should do a episode here highlighting how to successfully pass management between generations and also update decor. First off, it is a Greek restaurant that tries hard to pass itself off as Italian. Sorry, while the pizza is good, their basic marinara foundational sauce isn't remotely Italian.

The Greek part is authentic and actually Spartan. Not austere, but actual from Sparta! The lamb and Tzatziki is made fresh everyday and only lacks uzo to make it any more legit. One day I forgot the tzatziki when getting take out. When we sat down to dinner at home, the new owner (son of the founder) comes to our door to deliver it. Really? How can you beat that!!!!!! They don't even do home delivery. God bless America. God bless American Spartans!

Reviewed 29 July 2016

The waiter was very attentive. The restaurant has been updated and is very modern and relaxing.the Greek salad dressing was just right and the chicken was so plentiful and tender. The only disappointment was they were out of Mythos beer which is Greek but we had the alternative Greek beer the waiter suggested and it was almost just as good as Mythos.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Friendly service. Ordered cheese pizza, side salad and pastrami on rye with fries. Everything kind of bland, but definitely edible. Just used the salt and pepper shakers.