“Nice steakhouse but pricey”
Review of Monty's Steakhouse

Monty's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Monty's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 216 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rolling Road
Description: A traditional American Steakhouse, Monty's is an upscale, casual fine dining restaurant serving a unique blend of sensational fish & appetizer selections alongside 21-28 day dry-aged beef.A good experience, satisfying portions and a neighborhood steakhouse to call your own. Welcome to Monty's.
Reviewed 7 August 2018

As an animal scientist, I've become a steak junkie. Monte's is good but a pronouncement about using "USDA choice" steaks is not a sign of a great steakhouse. Choice is what the grocery store offers and "USDA Prime" is what great steakhouses offer. That being said, it's a great place for a family meal and we go for celebrations, as there's no Capital Grill/Fleming's near us.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We went for lunch on a Friday afternoon. There was only one sadly apathetic staff member who was maitre'd, bartender and waiter. They were out of diet soda. The bread was below average for any comparable restaurant. The grilled chicken salad was terrible -- the chicken breast was very dry, to the point of un-swallowable. The lettuce was wilted, and swimming in a heavy dressing. The sea bass sandwich was okay, but the fries were cold and greasy. We had to take apart the salt shaker to get it to work. The air conditioning was feeble, and the humidity in the restaurant quite high. They showed us a dessert tray, but the desserts on it looked several days old, and quite unappetizing. This was hugely disappointing, especially considering the high marks it has gotten on Trip Advisor. Maybe the steaks are good, but the rest is a total mess.

1  Thank pezzart
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Upon calling and telling the gentlemen I was interested in visiting the establishment as the reviews were really good, he hung up on me. I guess I took too long to get my point across. First impressions are lasting impressions. If I can't get a response from a simple phone call, I can only imagine the customer service I would receive if I visited their for lunch or dinner.

1  Thank Karenstrips1222
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Folks, My job includes entertaining clients and a know great steak places when I visit one. This place is much better than high end chain places (Ruth’s, Shula’s or Morton’s) and competes with higher end stand alone ones. The food is fantastic and the service is excellent. The owner is very attentive and obviously proud. Unfortunately, it battles the strip mall stigma and open architecture. I hope she can find a better place but secretly hope she doesn’t so we can live close by.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

This place is nice but was empty; only one other table occupied. Server very personable.

Filet was quite good and fixed perfectly, potatoes very dry - but pretty. No offer of coffee or desert.