“Fantastic, Delicious, Wonderful! ”
Review of The Swiss Bakery

The Swiss Bakery
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Springfield
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a full service retail bakery specializing in Artisan Breads, French Pastries, Cakes,Wedding Cakes, Fresh Ice Creams & Sorbets, European Style Desserts, and imported Swiss and German gourmet products.We are committed to very high quality and carrying on the culinary traditions of the Swiss. Our bakery items are prepared fresh daily by our skilled staff in our Springfield, Virginia store. In addition to producing fresh breads, cakes and pastries, our team of chefs has selected a discriminating collection of imported gourmet foods, including many hard to find world class chocolates, coffees, teas, and condiments.Please visit us at our bakeries in Springfield and Burke, Virginia for a truly Swiss experience. ~Laurie and Reto Weber
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I stopped in for a fast bite to eat. Boy was I amazed! Very very friendly staff, extremely clean and lovely, and the food is fantastic!
I had the Quishe and it was very good. Although the bread served with it was phenomenal!!
I am looking very forward to returning again!!
Highly recommended!!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Everything is above what you expect from a European bakery cafe. Fresh bread , the beautiful smell of a fresh brewed coffee and a cozy cafe. friendly and relaxed atmosphere .

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I love this place! The pastries are wonderful! For anyone who has been to France, the difference between their pastries and our pastries is sweetness. French pastry has enough sugar to bring out the flavor of the dessert without being cloying. The Swiss Bakery is the same - just fresh, lightly sweetened desserts that are beautifully crafted. I’ve bought cakes for birthdays, Totenbeinli cookies as gifts for coworkers at Christmas, and onion soup and petite eclairs for decadent dinners on Friday nights. For a change, they also sell Swiss cheeses and wines. There is a great breakfast and for lunch have traditional dishes like Raclette. I highly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Like being in the old country. They have breakfast, lunch, fresh bread and cookies, Swiss chocolates. An amazing place to have in DC area.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

The baked goods are delicious and there is a nice variety. The coffee however is less than bland. They ask if you will have the coffee in or to go. If you have it in the bakery, it is served in a nice old heavy cafe style mug, about 8 oz. size. But at $1.92 (tax incl.) the coffee was absolutely tasteless. My cheap Costco brand coffee at home has more flavor. As another review says, get the breads, avoid the coffee. I give it three stars because coffee is an important part of why I go to a bakery and sit at a table. If for just the breads and pastries - probably 5 stars.

Date of visit: August 2018