“Not bad”

Kanjana
Ranked #59 of 221 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

My family came here for dinner and ordered the pad see ew, pa krapow, tum yum noodle soup, chicken with eggplant, the papaya salad, and some bowls of rice. The rice was undercooked and very dry. We asked for a different bowl of rice but the waitress just microwaved it and gave it back to us. Usually the pa krapow should be ground pork but they gave us slices instead which made it almost exactly the same as the chicken with eggplant just without the eggplant. One of the glass of waters had a piece of hair in it so we sent it back and they gave us a new one. The papaya salad tasted plain and it didn’t have any seasonings added to it. Overall the food tasted good.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Had a decent sea food dish, nice and spicy. Good service, they also made me a tasty Thai ice coffee. Nice looking restaurant inside.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Visited Kanjana for the first time (for dinner) with my husband, as he occasionally has lunch here with his coworkers. My test for authentic thai is drunken noodles, and my husband's test is pad thai. Within minutes of ordering, our food was served piping hot. The portion size was large enough for two people. The drunken noodles with sliced beef was delicious and very authentic. I was 100% delighted with my food, and my husband had me try his pad thai with chicken. It was phenomenal. Both entrees were under $15.

The restaurant is in a strip mall next to a Chipotle and a dance studio. Do not be turned off from the exterior. The interior is very clean, peaceful, and quiet. Our servers were attentive and our water glasses were refilled numerous times without having to ask. We will definitely return for another lovely dining experience.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 22 February 2017

We were there to celebrate a birthday. The service was excellent and not cloying. The entrees we ordered were satisfyingly delicious; spicy, but not excessive. Prices were right in there for this area of northern Virginia. We would definitely return for another meal.

Date of visit: February 2017
Thank J. J
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

Very friendly service, food is excellent. Bar area is friendly & usually busy with regulars. Pickup is also an option.

Date of visit: September 2016