“Deli style food, no indoor seating ”

G's Country Store & Deli
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Saluda
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I was there on a Tuesday around 2pm. Ordered the Lexi sandwich (roast beef, swizz cheese tomato, lettuce, red onion, mayo on rye) I may have missed a thing or two. It was good and hot. It gets pressed into a flat sandwich. It took me 20 mins to get home and it was still hot inside the wax paper and aluminum foil wrapper. This small building houses a nice old looking stove (purely for decoration). Plenty of things to look at while you wait for your food to be made. Some things they serve are breakfast sandwiches, lunch sandwiches, salads, cookies, smoothies, coffee, tea, lemonade, soda and homemade freezer pops. The ladies that ran the counter also made the food. Since it was in the same section (like a 6 foot by 20 foot area). There are a few picnic tables out front or your could eat in your car or take home. The parking lot is small maybe 6 cars could fit but there is a street with a curb to park if you don't feel like parking in the lot. Small place, good atmosphere, friendly staff, good food. Give them a try.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to G's. Interior decor is eclectic and the staff is very friendly. Having lived in the Philly area for 30 years, I was willing to try G's take on the cheese steak sandwich. G's version includes mushrooms, onions and peppers, so I got it that way. The flavor of the meat was good, but it wasn't a, Philly cheese steak. It's all about the roll, and Amarosos and Del Buono rolls just aren't available around the northern neck or middle Peninsula. The rolls folks use down here are too soft. That being said, it was a respectable attempt and I would likely return to try a different option.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

I've been meaning to try G's for some time and had the opportunity to stop for breakfast. I had an excellent bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on toasted sourdough, delicious and genuinely tasting homemade. The service was great, very friendly, and the store was well kept and nicely decorated. I'll definitely be back to work through the menu. Why in the world would you go to Hardee's down the road for some homogenized product when a local business like G's provides this kind of quality?

Reviewed 7 July 2016

This was my first time to stop and eat. I have been told about how delicious the food was, so when my friend invited me to have lunch together it sounded like a great choice. It was impressive with how they had decorated the interior with old signs and the sayings on the walls were cute. My friend was a familiar face, so they acknowledged her by calling out her name. That was impressive! Today was a very hot day and unfortunate they do not offer seats inside. They do have three picnic tables outside with only one with an umbrella. I had ordered my usual when I go to a deli shop, an Italian sub. I guess I should have asked some questions about what kind of bread was used, could it be toasted, and how much sauce is poured on the sandwich? I am spoiled with being able to watch how my sub sandwiches are made at other deli shops, so when I opened my sub I was disappointed that it wasn't toasted, the sauce made the sandwich too wet, and the lettuce did not have a crunch texture. I assumed too much and learned that I need to be more specific when trying out a new place. There were no combo or should I say they didn't offer one to me. My total lunch cost almost $13 that included the sub sandwich, large ice tea, and a bag of chips. Would I go back again? Maybe, but I sure would be more alert to the menu and ask questions. My friend enjoyed her ruben sandwich and was impressed with the marble bread. She bragged about how delicious her slice of zucchini bread tasted.

Hii L, Owner at G's Country Store & Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Hi Mary! Thanks for stopping to try us out :) Unfortunately, local regulations do not allow us to have inside seating. Did you notice the Grinder on our menu? It is a toasted version of our Spicy Italian, I think you would enjoy it! And as always, you can customize any of our menu items :) The Spicy Italian (along with most of our subs) does come with a bag of chips for $7.99. The large tea is $2.19..only $1.00 on Fridays! We would love for you to visit us again.. We are family owned and operated, and we work very hard to make our guests happy :) Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2016

I've been in a few times, always liked what I've gotten. No tables inside, you wait for your food and leave. Give it a try.

Been to G's Country Store & Deli? Share your experiences!