All reviews fire pit indoor pool modern decor complimentary breakfast off the highway beautiful hotel would highly recommend this hotel room was spotless sliding door short drive waffles clean hotel would stay here again a great place to stay excellent stay comfortable beds staff was very friendly
Reviewed 16 September 2018

This Hampton Inn is great! The rooms are clean and spacious and there are always plenty of linens. The complimentary breakfast is always tasty. The staff are fantastic, always friendly, helpful and accommodating. Have stayed here 6 times and will be coming back!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Karen S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear 990pamelay,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stays at our Hampton Inn and look forward to hosting you again the next time you find yourself in Salem!!

Reviewed 15 September 2018

good access from I81. recently refurbished, clean, comfortable, friendly staff. easy access to many different styles of restaurants. great overall stay. would stay here again, if i could get the same rate.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear mworkcpa,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight some of the many reasons we are exceptionally proud of our Hampton Inn! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting the area on business. The Guest Services Rep, Lilly was very helpful in providing directions and places to have dinner, etc. I found the hotel to be very clean, nice accommodations, and friendly staff, whether Housekeeping, front desk, or breakfast area. Although the hotel is right off the exit of I-81 and my room was on the front of the hotel, I did not hear traffic noise from the interstate. In addition, the hotel was very quiet even though there were a lot of guests the first night of my stay. The complimentary breakfast is typical food, eggs, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, cereal, danishes, yogurt, etc. It all served its purpose. I would definitely stay here again if I am in the Roanoke/Salem area for business or stopping on the way through that area.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear raven c,

Thank you for the excellent review! We are pleased to hear that Libby, along with the rest of the staff, were able to provide you with such a memorable stay. We will pass these comments along to the entire team so they can see their hard work is being recognized by our guests.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

This is a very clean hotel, staff is great, rooms are quiet.

The reason I only gave it a 3 is because the breakfast was AWFUL. The 'fresh' fruit was soggy and seemed to have been treated with something to help keep it fresh, whatever it is they use makes the fruit look and taste old. Better to cut up fruit daily than serve what I saw. There were tater tots, but they were soggy with grease, or hard, dry and cold. The hard boiled eggs were soft boiled. After a bit of difficulty getting the shell off, I cut the egg open and it was not fully cooked, so that went in the trash along with shell.
The really need to figure the breakfast out and serve more palatable food!

Make your own waffle is always a good choice and that was good. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available 24/7. Coffee is great.
As an option to eating food that is not appealing, under cooked and greasy, I would suggest you take a breakfast bag to go.

I would stay here again for the location,friendly staff and the cleanliness.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank tealuv
Karen S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear tealuv,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hampton Inn Salem. It seems from your comments regarding fresh fruit, tater tots and boiled eggs that we were off point. We will certainly address this with our breakfast supervisor so that they may correct the issues.

We hope that we will have another opportunity soon to provide you with a more enjoyable stay overall.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Every year we make our pilgrimage to Roanoke College to move our daughter on campus. Hampton Inn convenient and comfortable. We also love the free breakfast! This is always our first choice for hotel stays.

Date of stay: August 2018