All reviews hour drive comfortable bed indoor pool salem area stayed here front desk staff was very friendly next morning one night property leaked shower interstate roanoke college wifi elevator
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped for one night on our way south. Check in was easy, the room was clean and huge and the staff was very kind. There were a few problems but they were easily overcome or we were compensated. There was someone elses used juice bottle in our trash can... thats ok, things get missed. They were out of shampoo (no biggie, we had nearly enough) and the TVs didn't have cable. But they credited for that issue and we watched our phones. Area was very quiet, especially considering the amount of kids we saw at breakfast in the morning. Continental breakfast was fresh and had good variety. Glad we picked this place!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Nikki V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for posting a review on TA! I want to personally apologize for what you experienced at our property, this isn't a normal practice at our facility. We also try to expedite any major issues we have on property. It great to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We can't wait to host your stay again.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

So it looks like a brand new hotel. We stayed there one night on our way back from Florida.Nice decor, comfortable bed. However, there were few issues that we encounter. Our bathroom wasn't clean... Toilet seat dirty. Some marks on the tub. I read all of the reviews and I think we were the only ones with problem with it. There was something wrong with the shower head - bathroom floor was all wet after taking a shower. It leaked somehow. It was late when we found out about this and kids were tired after a long drive so I didn't notify the front desk. Breakfast wasn't the best - variety of food limited, no knives - we asked for them and were given ONE. I: asked for another one, but the lady didn't refill the cups for cutlery. Not sure why. It would have been 5 star if only the above issues were fixed.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Nikki V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is Nikki Venable and I am the General Manager at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke Salem. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

Please feel free to contact me via phone anytime at 540-302-4005 ext. 151 or via email at nikki.venable@marriott.com. I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke Salem.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We had difficulty finding a room due to move-in weekend for college. But this location had a room. Employees were professional and friendly, the room was very nice, and breakfast was good. It was perfect after a long day of driving.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for posting a review on TA!

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

The receptionist, Danell C., was very welcoming and made s point of ensuring we had a crib for our daughter even though it was late at night and there were few staff members to help. She even brought it up to our room herself. This made our stay that much smoother.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Albert M
Nikki V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on TA, we really appreciate it. It's always great to hear that we made your stay a memorable one. I hope when your travels brings you back to Salem, you come see us again! ;)

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Brand new hotel - very clean; welcoming staff; typical of a well run Fairfield Inn. Not many dining options within walking distance. Wifi performance was superb. Very large breakfast seating area with some outdoor tables as well, which is a nice touch.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Nikki V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for staying at our brand new Fairfield Inn & Suites Salem! This building is the 3rd one built like this and more to come.

We hope to get a restaurant in the near future across from our property!

We strive to make every stay memorable and we are happy to hear we made that happen for you! I hope we can host your stay again when your travels brings you back to Salem VA!