All reviews choice hotels rubber duck room was clean mexican restaurant next door pool and hot tub waffles the breakfast area front desk personnel welcome center sausage an upgrade one night stay nearby restaurants convenient location would highly recommend this hotel first floor morning breakfast
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

If I could give a 0 or negative rating I would.

Comfort Suites at 100 Wildwood Road in Salem Va has the worst service I have ever experienced. When you play travel ball you have to stay in certain hotels to play in different tournaments. We have spent thousands of dollars staying at this specific hotel over the last several years. I am not sure why this year is so different but I have never been treated so poorly by a business and the fact that the employees are so rude is unbelievable. I have tried several times to resolve our issues but no one from the corporate office can seem to call us back. So.... I will be posting reviews and feedback with specific examples and pictures to hopefully prevent someone from having this experience. Based on how this trip has gone so far I can say that I will never stay at a Comfort Suites again. Furious! The picture attached is of the breakfast are where we were prevented from using.

The staff closed off the seating area to guests because they were too lazy to clean it. Even though we actually cleaned up after ourselves and didn’t need anyone to do it after we left the area. This left one sofa and two chairs for a sold out hotel. We were compelled to stay at certain hotels by the tournament for nearly a full week.

Rooms were not cleaned for 3 days for us and other families. When I went downstairs to ask for towels I was told I had to go back to my room and bring my dirty towels to the front desk before I could get new towels.

The other picture is the couch in one of our other players room, as you can see the cushions have large holes.

I can go on and on with examples but I think this gives you an idea.

I don’t want a response from anyone at this hotel we tried to resolve with management and were unsuccessful. Maybe someone from the corporate office will find the time to return our calls. I am sure they do not get this treatment when they travel but maybe they don’t stay at their own hotels for this reason.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank tslater13
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

This place was amazing great beds great parking right in the mountains!! Also the check in was smooth the guy at the front desk was very nice and funny and welcome us ! The room was huge also the water pressure was so good !!! And breakfast was great !!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bejan92
Reviewed 5 July 2018

We have been staying at this comfort suites two to three times a year for the past eight years. When we first started using this hotel, we couldn't have been more pleased. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and helpful but over the past couple years, this place has gone down hill.

Our last stay - due to carpet replacement - the hall way was a mess of equipment, nails, and ripped up carpeting as we tried to get to our room. It was totally unacceptable they rented rooms in this area while the carpet was being replaced. We asked for a different room (which they gave us) but unfortunately this room needed a thorough cleaning. There was a layer of dust on the carpet and we both had sinus issues due to the lack of cleanliness. We will no longer stay at this hotel. The front desk could of cared less when we complained.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatHar2013
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We have stayed at this Comfort Suites for several years now and have never been disappointed. We will do so again. The clean and spacious room was in good repair providing comfort and a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for the night along the trip. We were never told the hot tub was not working, construction all around inside the hotel. The breakfast bar was not kept stocked as the front desk seemed to be more entertaining for her than the guest. Would definitely avoid. Could be a very nice stop if you are aware of thing. They need to get it together.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family