“Lunch”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Lunch menu is in the $10.00 range. Limited seating inside. Not a fast lunch if you are short on time.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

The outdoor seating area is the best thing about this restaurant, a very comfortable place on a summer evening. The food is not bad, but nothing was outstanding, either. Best of the dishes we tried was the crabmeat beignets, a lot like crab rangoon, just as our waitress said. The cobb salad with fried goat cheese had good fresh greens and goat cheese with a crisp deep-fried crust, but a too sweet dressing and a strong cucumber element just didn't seem to complement the rest. The jambalaya was flavorful but kind of gooey. Nothing really to complain about, but nothing I'm eager to repeat, either. One weird note -- the couple seated at a nearby table were served food without utensils because they were all in the dishwasher! Fortunately that problem was solved before our waitress brought out our meals.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

This was a must choice for us as on many of our travels around the world we see a lot of English people looking for English food but the experience of travel should be be to sample the local cuisine and as a chef as my profession one should give it a go.The Quarter was a pleasant enough setting with an arrangement of booth seating.As always the staff were most pleasant ant attentive but not over bearing. The meals we ordered were nicely presented /hot and delicious. My wife had the Jambalaya (but could not find the sausage) followed by Pecan Pie and for myself Seafood Gratin and then Beignets . Great experience

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I had a cocktail, crabmeat beignets, gumbo, crawfish etoufee, bananas foster. Lets say I didn't get more than 2 forks of each before asking to be packed in a container to go with the exception of the bananas. The bananas foster wasn't like home but they were good. The cocktail was a 22 oz one and I had to ask for additional alcohol as they made it with almost none. Let's say this New Orleans boy will not be going back.

2  Thank Ken V
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I was pleasantly surprised at this venue, not expecting good Creole food in the middle of Virginia. The shrimp and grits were about as close to what you get in NOLA without being there. We were there for lunch and it was not crowded, but I don't know what it's like at night. But for sure, these guys can satisfy your need for a NOLA meal for sure.