“Best Italian Food in Roanoke”

Sal's Italian Resturant
Ranked #61 of 492 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

First timers last night and was pleased at the foods taste and quality. Eggplant parm was perfect, not dry but just right. My husband had ckn marcela a dish he always orders. It came out good just needed a bit more wine but thats just how we like it. Most Italian resturants serve bread before your meal with your salad so I was surprised we got it with the meal. I mention this because it's a custom I grew up with. Bread was delicious just wish it came earlier. Service was perfect until I asked for the check and she assumed we weren't married and went to give us 2 checks without us asking her to. I felt a bit offended but still gave her a tip. She is still young and nieve but I hope that doesnt happen again. My husband and I both have Italian hertitage. He is just darker skinned than me.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Really enjoyed dinner tonight at Sal's Italian Restaurant in Roanoke. Shared a Caprice Salad and had Pasta Viruso (maybe) . But whether I remember how to spell it or not it was a rich, creamy sauce with beef served over Penna pasta.
Oh, then there was a hot chocolate cheese cake sundae. If I had not been so full I would have wanted two of those.
On the down side, the wait staff was insufficient for the number of people waiting to be seated. There were empty tables but no waiters to service them.
My advice, get there early or prepare to wait for a table. It will be worth it.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Place was packed and had to wait, which is suppose to be the sign of a very good place to eat. Wait time wasn't too bad. maybe ten minutes. Staff was very friendly. When trying out a new place we always order a pizza, figuring if they can't something as simple as a pizza right, then we know to avoid the place and go else ware in the future. Pizza was pretty good, prices were a bit high though.
If you can afford it everyone looked happy with their food and is worth checking out.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

THE BEST!!!!!!!!This restaurant never disappoints!!!,
Ordered the Calamari... golden- Never greasy- tasty!! Fresh bread. Great Service worth the 7 hour ride from NYC. (Family Owned). I also had the Medium margarita pizza pie..thin crust fresh mozzarella cheese ..tangy homemade sauce. Great bottle of Moscato pink wine.Clean rest rooms...Wish they were located in NYC!!!!

3  Thank Coco W
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We managed to find it and despite being in a shopping center, it was very good. They had three types of Sangria, 2 white and 1 red, and I enjoyed my white a lot. Among us we had stuffed mushrooms, garlic and cheese toast and calamari for appetizers, all very good. I had the fettucine seafood special in a cream based sauce, lovely. Husband had spaghetti and sausage,his usual and he was happy with it. Other entrees included two chicken dishes and everyone seemed to clean their plates. We didn't have room for dessert. The salads were amazing and very fresh and diverse. All in all, a very good meal.

1  Thank wvjake