See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 March 2018

The cleanliness was amazing. We got this room because it has a kitchenette so with my specific diet I had to cook every night. So that is superb. But the showers heater was broken so that was terrible.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Sall, thank you taking the time to review about your stay at our hotel. It's nice to know you both enjoyed your well maintained suite and fully equipped kitchen. However, we are sorry for the inconvenience you had with the shower heater. We have discussed it with our maintenance team to take the corrective action. We hope to have the chance to make a better impression on a future visit.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Location.
The Good: Only a few minutes from the airport, very convenient to the highway, close to shopping and entertainment.
The Bad: Sound insulation is inadequate to mask the noise from the highway; turning on the fan on the AC unit helps, but you still hear the noise of passing trucks. I asked for a room on the back side of the building but they were already all booked.
The Ugly: The only view is the highway.

The Facility.
The Good: The rooms were recently renovated with fresh paint, carpet, curtains, furniture, etc.
The Bad: All rooms are non-smoking but my room smelled of cigarette smoke and had scorch marks where cigarettes burned the kitchen and bathroom counters. I've been in hotels all over the world, from 1-star to 5-star, this is the first hotel that doesn't provide clothes hangers in the closet.
The Ugly: Although the carpet is new it's stained already - it just needs to be shampooed. The sidewalks and stairways are filthy - they just need a leaf blower and a pressure washer. Management and staff need to pay attention to detail and show a little pride.

The Breakfast.
The Good: Nothing
The Bad: Breakfast is coffee or tea, granola bars, and assorted Little Debbies.

The Staff.
The Good: The woman who checked me in was friendly, welcoming, and responsive. She is the only reason why this review isn't a 1-star review.

I'll be requesting a refund from Extended Stay America. The smell of the cigarette smoke is inexcusable and unforgivable.

Room Tip: Request a room on the backside of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered and regret the inconvenience it caused. We regret not meeting all of your expectations, and please be ensured that corrective actions are being taken. We are committed to making sure that we don't repeat what you experienced. Thanks again for your candid feedback, and we hope that you'll give us another chance and consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I travel to Roanoke a lot for wedding-related stuff, and I used to live in Roanoke, so had long been aware of the Extended Stay, but never stayed until this past weekend. We needed a room for one night, and unfortunately our usual place was too expensive, so we opted for here. I had stayed at the Extended Stay in Lynchburg for a week years ago, and while had its issues (loud people and average room), I’d pick that any day over the Roanoke one.

The Lynchburg hotel is a hotel - you enter the rooms from inside. The Roanoke one is like a motel. The lobby, while there’s a sign, was still a little confusing to locate. Check in with front desk went fine and quickly, though.

The issue was getting into the room. The first time, I thought my key wasn’t working (though the lock lit up green). My fiancé got it to open with his. We went out to the store to get a few things, and when we came back, neither of our keys worked (though the light, again, turned green). My fiancé got the maintenance lady, who was SUPER nice and was the only reason I gave 2 stars.

Apparently, when it gets cold, you need a hair dryer to warm up the lock so you can open the door.

Yes, a hair dryer is required to get in your room.

Long story short, the dryer overheated and stopped, the maintenance lady went to find another one, and I blew on the lock and it finally worked and we got in. When she cane back, I thanked her for her help and told her we were able to get in the room.

I’m glad it was in the 40s, and not colder, but this should not have happened! And I read reviews later to find someone else mentioned it!

The room itself was okay, with a nice kitchen area (fridge, stove top, sink, and microwave) that we didn’t use, but is convenient for guests staying an extended period of time (ha, I know, hence the name of the chain!).

Our room was even, which meant facing the interstate so we could hear traffic. I didn’t sleep well. I wonder if odd rooms in the back are better for noise? However, I won’t find out, because we will never stay there again!

If I had realized it was a motel-style hotel, I wouldn’t have booked. I shouldn’t have to be cold outside my room waiting for a hair dryer to let me in!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We are happy to know the service offered by our staff was satisfactory for your needs and that you had an overall nice stay. However, we are sorry we missed meeting your expectations and regret the inconvenience caused. Your concern has been shared with the concerned team members to improve our facilities and service moving forward. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we hope to serve you both again soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I am giving 1 star for nice staff that was welcoming and helpful. Other than this if you are staying for just one night you might be ok . You get what you are paying for. It is cheap. I stayed there for a couple of weeks and as a woman did not feel safe. Several times a week i couldnt sleep because of loud music and noise in other rooms. You can smell cigarettes and weed easily. Due to cheap cost you can expect what type of people moslty stay there...drunk companies, people knocking on the door in the middle of the night. One time there was a fight outside my room, i could clearly hear one person begging the other not to punch/kill him.it was scary!!! Weird people sitting on the stairs welcoming me "hey babe" as i walk to my room. The door is not sealed all the way so there are leaves and trash getting blown inside by the wind. Since it is near the highway you can hear trucks and cars l night ..for light sleepers it is a nightmare. Also one morning i walked out of the room to find 3 needles on the ground...disgusting!! I am afraid to think what people do there when they stay and how clean actually the beds are...i dont care how fancy the room is..i assume for such cheap price u wont get a penthouse but i definetely dont want to be surrounded by drug addicts ,potheads and drunk people screaming all night, fighting and making you feel unconfortable!!! Please do yourself a favor and pay 20$ extra or so and get a room somewhere else!!! I try to never write bad reviews, mistakes happen and little inconvinience can be handled but this was a really bad experience!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will take the necessary actions to ensure these issues are properly addressed.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

room reeked of cigarettes every time heater start blowing, no breakfast or free coffee, loudmouth residents arguing stomping around till early morning right outside my door, reserved upper level room but was given one under stairs on ground floor and couldn't switch, people coming and going all night

Room Tip: pay a little more, pick a nicer area to stay
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the candid review. We want every guest who stays with us to have a comfortable experience and to depart with a lasting favorable impression. We fell short in making that happen for you, and we are truly sorry. Although your experience is not typical of our service delivery, we obviously have room to improve, and we assure you we will. We hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to make it up to you on a future visit.