“Adorable, pet-friendly cabin tucked away in...”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The Firepit by the River
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

AndDrinkt...
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Adorable, pet-friendly cabin tucked away in Rileyville, VA”
Reviewed 25 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My husband and I were lucky enough to stay at the Walden for a December weekend with our two little 20-pound Miniature Schnauzers, and we are so happy we got to experience this cute little cabin!

I say "little", but honestly, for being a one-bedroom cabin it was very spacious! The rooms (including kitchen and bath) were very updated, clean, and looked quite nice, and you can tell this place is really taken care of. And while we didn't use the hot tub that's on the front porch since I'm pregnant, the way the cabin is situated it's pretty secluded from the road to offer some privacy.

The location of the cabin is also great. It's right in between Luray and Front Royal, so both towns are very easily accessible (15-20 minute drives), and of course the National Park is very accessible as well. The roads leading to the cabin are well-maintained, even if gravel, and it wasn't difficult to navigate to the cabin in the dark. If even I can do it, trust me, it's not bad :)

I think the biggest pro of this cabin is the acreage it sits on. There's a great walking path to get down to the South Fork Shenandoah and a nice little area by the riverfront to relax, which would be perfect during the summertime. Our dogs definitely loved exploring and running around the pastures, and it was great that there was enough room for them to do so!

The property manager was also great to work with. Derek answered all of our questions promptly and was available to help us with a billing question we had on our check out day. Our entire experience was really just lovely and I know that in the future we'll be back to the Walden to relax and exploring the surrounding areas, particularly Shenandoah National Park!

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Rochelle...
Alexandria, Virginia
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

WOW is how I will start this review. This place was a hidden gem. I wanted to go somewhere quiet to relax and celebrate my birthday with my husband and this was the place! Secluded, Quiet, and Relaxing. The cabin was very spacious, very clean and well stocked with things we needed for our week long stay. Waking up each morning to the beautiful sunrise and the birds singing in the trees along side of the house was amazing. Drinking coffee each morning from the hot tub and relaxing in it in the evening what more can you ask for. The cabin was very modernized and it was great having a laundry facility in the cabin. We visited Luray Caverns which was about a 15 min drive, we also went into town (Luray) and shopped at the local grocer. We also drove through the Shenandoah Mountains which was only about another 30 minutes away. We also enjoyed reading the journal on the table of all the people who had visited in the past (and the find the dollar game was fun - I found $3). We took our cat Gus who loved the screened in porch, but didn't like seeing the family of deer so close to the front porch (he hid under the bed for a whole day). I'm so glad that my husband and I found this place and we look forward to bringing our grandkids back next year. It's well worth the price!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Hot Tub
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Fenwick Island, DE
Reviewed 4 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

FoodieFan...
Pasadena, Maryland
“Deluxe Cabin with Luxury bath and Shenandoah River Access”
Reviewed 13 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

My husband and I enjoyed the last half of our vacation at this almost new cabin. It was super spacious with lots of natural light. The bathroom had a huge walk in shower and the kitchen was large for a cabin and was equipped with upscale appliances including a dishwasher. The jetted hot tub was nicely located on the front deck and was comfortable and well designed. The queen bed was extremely comfortable. The cabin is sparsely furnished and could have used a table for our laptop, and some chairs, but the existing furnishings and lined draperies were of good quality. My husband enjoyed the field and woods view, and walking the large property, but I would have preferred a river view. One can access the river by driving through the field but it is a good distance to the water, where they have nice outdoor seating. We enjoyed kayaking on the Shenandoah and saw many tubers and canoeists on the flat water. Distance to Luray was easy, about 15 minutes and a 25 minute ride got us to Front Royal for major groceries. The cabin is fairly isolated and no houses are in view, but there were good gravel roads to access it. It was a very nice cabin and we would recommend it to a couple or small family.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$200
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing