All reviews northern neck tangier island breakfast was delicious country breakfast bed and breakfast master suite quiet country setting beautifully restored home wonderful weekend ma margaret's house is beautiful fantastic stay crab cakes quiet area next morning fresh fruit front porch
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We had a wonderful time. Alva prepares a breakfast with a flare daily, and she makes you feel like a welcome family member. We hugged when we left. It is small but with 4 different rooms we got to know the others staying there as well.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Wonderfully quiet, comfortable, had several additional spaces to sit, relax, and read. Thoroughly enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Sandpiper, thank you Mable for the recommendation! BTW: Did you receive your GRAMMY?! You were an Excellent hostess and prepared a breakfast meal that was delightful and filling! Would stay again when we visit the NECK!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Awesome time very comfortable felt like we were allowed to take over the house. Sat breakfast was not as good as Sunday 's, food was cold and generic but the owner cooked sun and it was fabulous! Beds were comfortable and there's a lot of places to hang out inside and out. The area is beautiful the house is classic, staff extremely nice and not hovering. Very comfortable all weekend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alva J, Owner at Ma Margaret's House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I will take your comments under consideration because I want every meal to be fabulous.

Warm regards,
Alva

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We went to Reedville for a family wedding and found Ma Margaret 's a great central location.You will have southern hospitality at it's finest. Thank you Mable and Alva for a wonderful 6 day stay! Your breakfast and snacks are just what we wanted. Thank you for the beautiful quite front porch!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alva J, Owner at Ma Margaret's House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Consider us your second home wherever you are in the area. Thanks for your kind words.

Warm regards,
Alva

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Our lives have been so busy, last year we "BOTH" forgot our anniversary. So this year I was determined to find a spot where we could get away and spend time with each other without having to make an appointment. LOL! I called about 5 places in and around Kilmarkock VA and had never heard of Reedville VA. After talking to about 5 places I settled on the first choice for some reason. It's like the voice on the other end of the phone resonated with me for some reason. We arrived late but were warmly greeted by the proprietor of the B&B. She gave us a tour and history of the B&B then showed us our room. The room was restored from 1914 when it was originally built but with modern upgrades. The bathroom was VERY NICE. CLEAN! Every thing worked. The next morning was breakfast and boy it was a FULL BREAKFAST. (The Girl has got some "SKILLS"!) I wish I could have added pictures but we were so busy enjoying the meal we didn't even think to take pictures.
We spent the day in Kilmarnock shopping, eating and sight seeing despite the rain. We also found a wonderful ice cream parlor in Reedville that servers "Hand Made" ice cream. The next morning was another "FULL BREAKFAST". Salmon Croquettes like I've never had. I won't spoil it for those that might be thinking of staying here. I'll just say you're in for a treat if that's what's on the menu for that day. But whatever it is, I'm confident it'll be good. We would have easily paid $15.00 to $20.00 per person for a breakfast of this quality.
We are planning our next trip now for the fall to visit Tangier Island. And of course, we will be staying at Ma Margarets House B&B.

Date of stay: July 2017