All reviews truck stop desk personnel waffle machine an iron eggs and sausage the wi fi check in was quick off the highway would definitely stay here again donuts beds were comfortable pleasant stay yogurt balcony toaster sheets
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We had a Uhaul break down and had to find a place to stay, the front desk clerk was so understanding and sweet, she gave us a room and was very sympathetic with our problem. We had a wonderful breakfast there also.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful score and the kind words! I'm so thankful for a wonderful staff and that we were able to provide a warm, safe, and comfy room for you during your mishap. Safe travels!! happy holidays!

Reviewed 30 November 2017

We were on our way back to Florida & this was a convenient place to stay. We had a very nice King room - nice & clean & quiet. This hotel is a very easy access from the highway. Breakfast was very good too as was the front desk staff.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you!! I'm so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us!! I love the flavored waffles. Did you get to enjoy them too? Safe travels, and we hope to see you again soon on your travels to and from Florida!

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Pros: Clean, good breakfast, friendly staff
Cons: not really a "suite" but lots of hotels are basically putting a sofa bed in a standard room and calling it a suite; the heater made weird noises (but we didn't complain to the staff).

Overall, we are glad we stopped there and I'm mostly rating it so that we can easily find it in the future.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

We are glad you stopped and stayed with us too! Thank you for letting me know about the heater; I will have it looked at. Thank you for the great review! Happy Thanksgiving!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Due to a change in plans, we contacted the Comfort Inn in Raphine to change our reservations from Saturday to Friday night. We called the number on the web site and thought we were talking to the staff at the motel. We were assured that we would have a first floor room as we have a dog terrified of elevators. No problem, we were assured.

Checking in at 9:30 PM, they told us we were on the 3rd floor! When I more than complained, we were told that it was not the motel we talked to but the Phillipines service center which promised the world regardless of what the motel could deliver....I was their 3rd problem of the night. A call to the service center was less than useless as they transferred you from person to person until you got one you could not understand.

If you know the I-81 area of mid Virginia, all is booked on a fall Friday night along the interstate. We canceled the room as there was nothing else available and were assured that we would not be charged even though after 6PM....hopefully that is not another untruthful statement from Choice.

Bottom line is we ended up driving another 6+ hours and arrived home at 4 AM....writing bad reviews in my head the entire time.

We are canceling out membership with Choice as this is not the first time we have been lied to about acommendations. Also along I-81 we were booked into a Sleep Inn smoking wing on one floor when we requested a non smoking room and got a confirmation for such. That was during Spring Graduation at the many colleges and nothing else was available then also.

We will never deal with Choice properties again and will not use the free night accumulated to date.

Customer Service does not mean luring in customers at any cost which seems to be Choice's Motto....and I speak English which even if they do speak in Customer Service, it is with an accent I can not understand.

Room Tip: Do not use Choice properties
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Rachael K, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

I'm sorry to hear you choice to not stay at our Raphine property. If we had a pet-friendly room available on the ground floor, my front desk staff certainly would have accommodated your request. I'm so sorry to hear you had an issue with our Customer Service Center and their notations on your reservation. You are correct, hotel rooms are scarce during the fall weekends on I81. We do our best to accommodate all travelers and guests in our hotel.
I'm happy to hear you made it home safely, unfortunately so late and unhappy. We do hope you will give my property in Raphine, VA another try. We are all owned and operated individually.
Thank you again for being a Choice Rewards Member. Safe travels!!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Pulled up and went in and the clerk was very attentive and got right on gettin' me a room. They have a good selection for breakfast and it's all you can eat. The room had a very comfortable bed and the coffee maker was a one cup type and easy to use and there was everything else in the room for a good nights stay. There was also an iron, board and Microfridge.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Mehul G, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you so very much for staying with us and for the great review! I'm so happy the staff was friendly and efficient for you. I love our beds and one cup coffee makers too! Safe travels and we look forward to your next visit!