“A Sports Bar With Food That Exceeds Most Others.”

Roger Brown's Restaurant & Sport Bar
Ranked #12 of 213 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Court Street
Description: Welcome to our Roger Brown's Restaurant and Sports Bar. We invite you to dine and enjoy our authentic Olde Towne decor...inviting...relaxing...and all yours to enjoy!!! Feel free to cozy up to our ninety-foot bar and partake of a classic cocktail, or savor your choice of 24 draughts, domestic or international beer or wine from our distintive list of today's top picks. Your dining experience here is like no other. We recommend our Angus Steaks, aged 28 days and prepared in our classic style to your taste. Or choose from our menu of freshly prepared dishes. Our seafood is always top quality and carefully selected and prepared to your complete satisfaction. You're sure to be attracted to our unique Stadium selection where you can enjoy your favorite game or televisionprogram on one of four 8 x 6 foot television screens. And, during your visit with us, let our gracious staff pamper you with Southern Hospitality. Roger Brown style!!!
Reviewed 16 April 2018

If you want to watch a sports event on a big TV but also want good food, Roger Brown's is a place to try.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Great sports bar atmosphere, plenty of TVs and the booth we were sat at was very comfortable. I ordered the Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Collars Greens, and was not disappointed. Food arrived within 15 minutes of placing our order. Entire meal was phenomenal. Slightly disappointed in the waiting staff considering we weren’t there during a busy time and our waitress never once offered to refill my drink. However she was very friendly. If I’m ever in the area again I will return.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Went here for dinner a few days after Portsmouth got buried by a blizzard. The food was better than I expected. I had the chicken and waffle which was very good and my friend had a burger. Our waiter was attentive and food came quickly. The only downside to the visit was they were doing Karaoke that night so the DJ set up his system and started blasting the music, even though there was hardly anyone in the place. Seemed Karaoke seems kind of our=t of place in a sports bar.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

What an amazing atmosphere! Good food friends and fun. I hadn't been here in AGES but will surely visit again soon. I def this place for drinks and a bite to eat. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I had never been here before, not from the Portsmouth area. I would recommend to anyone looking for a decent restaurant or bar. Inside is very wide open and nice bar area, had memorabilia from Roger's playing days on the walls, and almost a hard rock feel. Food was impressive as well, ranges from wings, burgers, and seafood selections. I had the catfish and it was a very large piece of white catfish. Roger even came out and greeted our tables, we were here for a retirement party. Check it out!