“Hands down, the rudest service EVER”
Review of Brutti's - CLOSED

Brutti's
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High Street
Description: Our dining room has a warm, comfortable feeling as well and you can hear jazz here on weekend nights. Breakfast and lunch are served daily and dinner is available six nights a week, so the restaurant serves both business and casual crowds. Our neighborhood bistro offers an upscale menu and delivers great food and friendly surroundings. Outdoor patio, take-out, jazz entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.
Reviewed 25 March 2015

We went here for a last night out before moving from VA.
Big mistake.
The food was so bad we couldn't eat it, and the service was the worst I have ever experienced. The manager needs to be fired for allowing things to get so out of hand.
JUST HORRIBLE.

Reviewed 3 February 2015

The food has always been excellent. Nice place to come when you want to have a wonderful, quiet meal. The Chef has always pleased my family with his variety of dishes.
The service is great also.
It brings back so many great memories from the past when I go to this restaurant. Years ago this was a very busy area with loads of department stores and movie theaters.

Reviewed 28 January 2015

This locals spot has a very nice Sunday brunch. It is a buffet style brunch that competes with the best of them. It's quiet and has an outdoor seating area.

Reviewed 8 November 2014

It is always a bad sign when you enter a restaurant at prime dining time on a Saturday night and there are more staff than diners. Still, I wanted to give them a chance, so we ordered. The food took 45 Minutes to arrive. The plates the food was served on were cold and the food on the plates was not much warmer. I was appalled. We sent back the soup and it took another 15 minutes to get it back but at least it was hot. The waiter was oblivious to my complaints about the cold food. The restaurant made no attempt to apologize or adjust our bill to compensate us for such poor service and inadequate food. There are several good and great restaurants in Portsmouth, this is most definitely NOT one of them.

1  Thank afrdurham
Reviewed 4 November 2014

I used to go there frequently when it was under other management. I loved it THEN! A friend came to town and wanted to go there for Dinner. We went - it had no atmosphere and not friendly. Acted like they were doing us a favor by letting us eat there. Food was not bad but nothing special either. This restaurant is not for me.

1  Thank Cavaliers2