“Once was enough!”
Review of Brutti's - CLOSED

Brutti's
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: High Street
Description: Our dining room has a warm, comfortable feeling as well and you can hear jazz here on weekend nights. Breakfast and lunch are served daily and dinner is available six nights a week, so the restaurant serves both business and casual crowds. Our neighborhood bistro offers an upscale menu and delivers great food and friendly surroundings. Outdoor patio, take-out, jazz entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.
Reviewed 4 November 2014

I used to go there frequently when it was under other management. I loved it THEN! A friend came to town and wanted to go there for Dinner. We went - it had no atmosphere and not friendly. Acted like they were doing us a favor by letting us eat there. Food was not bad but nothing special either. This restaurant is not for me.

1  Thank Cavaliers2

Reviewed 27 October 2014

We had to check out of our hotel and there were not many options close by on a Sunday. We ordered off the menu but should of splurged for the incredible brunch buffet. The staff was very friendly and the place is really cool to observe.

Reviewed 14 October 2014 via mobile

We went there because a friend of ours recommended it. We heard that their service was inconsistent but we still wanted to try it. We were the first ones @ 6:00 pm it is a big restaurant all lights were on so it did not feel intimate at all. The bartender was VERY nice; however we were surprised that he did not know what Rosé wine was ; therefore, we just asked for a regular glass of red wine. Just the whole thing did not feel right, we left the payment on the table and left. I cannot say anything wrong about the food as we did not give it a chance basically because of the lack of ambiance.

Reviewed 13 October 2014 via mobile

Highly disappointed by the quality of food, price of the brunch buffet, and poor service. The eggs, bacon, and French toast on the buffet were cold. The French toast was not even the same type of bread that they use to use. The nicest person there was the lady running the omelet station but everyone else acted like they didn't want to be there. My mom said something to the waitress and three people came over including the hostess and they were talking really loud so everyone in the place could hear that we were not happy. I'm sorry but $25 is a lot of money to pay for cold food. Also the owner was there and did not even come over to find out the issue. My mom and I use to go to Brutti's when they were in the old building and the food was amazing! It was always packed in there and always a wait to sit down. The day we went to Brutti's it was really slow so I think that speaks volumes on how poor the place is now.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Moved to Portsmouth's historic district and frequent many restaurants downtown. I've given Bruttis three chances. They failed each time. Watched manager wipe something up from the floor than walk over and use the same dirty rag to wipe off two tables. Charles, the owner misses the obvious improvements needed in cleanliness, customer service and food quality. Beautiful building with potential if they knew how to run a restaurant. I don't plan to go back. There are several better restaurants in close proximity. Try Maninos.