“I wanted to love it here..”
Review of Fish & Slips

Fish & Slips
Ranked #6 of 209 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$6 - US$49
Description: Offering an extensive menu for Lunch and Dinner, with fresh seafood specials, salads, sandwiches, burgers, and more, with comfort food you'll love. In addition to a large selection of fried, steamed or broiled seafood, including fresh, locally caught fish, we are the only raw bar in Portsmouth.
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I was so excited to finally try this place out . We waited WELL OVER AN HOUR before we had any bite of food. We kept asking about the delay and was told the kitchen was on hold, the kitchen was backed up, the steamer was down. Only giving it 3 stars because the bartender Jenny was amazing and the my Crabasaurus Rex (crabcake with lump crab) was actually very good! We ordered steam oysters but the came out raw. After an hour wait with no good explanation or a sincere apology for the wait the manager did take off the oysters. I wish they would have offered an ap, a salad ....anything. After we ate, the waitress came up with the check. I asked her how she didn't know we wanted dessert...she said " I thought you were in a rush". Alrighty then.....
*If you come, sit at the bar and ask for Jenny! She saves this place!

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Food was amazing...staff friendly, views were amazing...there was plenty of parking but just for something fun, we plan on parking Norfolk and taking ferry over

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We dinghy'd over to the marina and saw this very cute name, Fish and Slips. Stopped in for a beer and my husband's eyes lit up with the news that it was prime rib night . The food was excellent and looking out at the marina lent some ambience. Cast, our waitress was attentive, informative, funny and sweet natured. We'll be in Portsmouth for a week or so and will very likely come back to Fish and Slips!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Fish & Slips was just okay. Service was slow and it seemed staff was overwhelmed & unorganized. Our bartender/manager took our drink order & disappeared for close to 15 mins. He was apologetic but that was a long time to leave bar. Food was just ok, nothing to write home about. Doubt I would ever go back. Not to mention a pound of steamed shrimp costs $22.99

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I was in P-town for business and looking for a good place for lunch. This place was recommended, and I was very pleased.
You park in a parking lot--and then walk on a pier by many charmingly named pleasure boats to reach the restaurant.
The walk from the farther entrance is 315 paces or 215 from the closer entrance--and then there are 20 steps to get up to the restaurant. I'm spry--but it's a LONG walk!
The view is absolutely unparalleled from every seat in the place! and being up in the air (20 steps!!) the view is even better.
I had the oyster po-boy with fries.
Service was excellent.
These fries were the BEST I have ever eaten! I asked the server what they did to them and she said they were fried. There is no question that something more was done to them since there was a crust on them and little blisters that suggest a coating and the interior moisture is getting out.
I want to know what they did! To reproduce them at home!
I'd recommend this place for any person of any age.