“Diner food wrapped in a small town restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Pearisburg
Cuisines: American
Description: Across the street from Walmart near the intersection of Business 460 and Woodland Drive
Reviewed 15 September 2015

We stayed at a nearby B and B and ended up eating at Friends and Family twice--lunch and dinner. At lunch I had a bacon, lettuce, tomato (yellow tomato, at that) and grilled chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries. Wonderful. Hubby had pork BBQ, also good. Our dinner meal was less stellar, and the server, while very sweet, was confused about what she needed to do. The decor is a combination of religious arts and crafts, country furniture and 80's cafeteria dinnerware. Nothing fancy, and if you want home style, comfort food in this area, this is your choice.

2  Thank Lisa G

Reviewed 21 July 2015

This is not a date night kind of place: it is a take your kids or family member type of place. Food is average, diner type fair. I recommend breakfast or maybe even lunch.

1  Thank Mel D
Reviewed 13 May 2015

They offer one of those huge, multiple page menus with cutesy names for dishes, and somehow manage to make a consistent quality with wide variety. Everything I've tried, in going there for many years since it opened, is on the plain side... but still good. Sort of like home cooking for the family on a busy day, but not fancied up for company.

Portions are not overly large, and I usually need to order an extra dish to feel satisfied. They do offer an ambitious Sunday buffet that is sometimes headed toward remarkable, and other times sort of plain. Food is always good... quality might be related to whether you're coming early or late, with better quality on the early side. Bread does not seem to be homemade, and comes with a

1  Thank Carolyn M
Reviewed 13 April 2015

We loved this place! My meal as well as my family's were all great. Great price and service too. The hamburger steak was amazing!

1  Thank Shana525
Reviewed 30 January 2015

I was pleased; I loved most of what they have on the menu. Our waitress (a dark haired young lady) was very attentive; she went out of her way to keep us filled with drinks and anything we needed. It is a wonderful sit down and enjoys kind of place. I will definitely become a regular. Most of the staff is absolutely the best and sweetest people, wonderful and charming, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about friends and family and I cannot say enough. Great place, if you get a chance you should definitely go.

1  Thank Mary N