“Good, predictable, home cooking”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Friends & Family Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Pearisburg
Cuisines: American
Description: Across the street from Walmart near the intersection of Business 460 and Woodland Drive
Reviewed 13 May 2015

They offer one of those huge, multiple page menus with cutesy names for dishes, and somehow manage to make a consistent quality with wide variety. Everything I've tried, in going there for many years since it opened, is on the plain side... but still good. Sort of like home cooking for the family on a busy day, but not fancied up for company.

Portions are not overly large, and I usually need to order an extra dish to feel satisfied. They do offer an ambitious Sunday buffet that is sometimes headed toward remarkable, and other times sort of plain. Food is always good... quality might be related to whether you're coming early or late, with better quality on the early side. Bread does not seem to be homemade, and comes with a

1  Thank Carolyn M

Reviewed 13 April 2015

We loved this place! My meal as well as my family's were all great. Great price and service too. The hamburger steak was amazing!

1  Thank Shana525
Reviewed 30 January 2015

I was pleased; I loved most of what they have on the menu. Our waitress (a dark haired young lady) was very attentive; she went out of her way to keep us filled with drinks and anything we needed. It is a wonderful sit down and enjoys kind of place. I will definitely become a regular. Most of the staff is absolutely the best and sweetest people, wonderful and charming, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about friends and family and I cannot say enough. Great place, if you get a chance you should definitely go.

1  Thank Mary N
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I know that it is a favorite in town but I think the home cooking used to be better. The breakfast is definitely the best meal of the day.

2  Thank 255Jan1949
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We were et was headed for one of our favorites when we realized it was closed on Sundays so we started looking for an alternative only to find that the chains (IHOP, Waffle House, etc.) were slammed and there aren't any diners or dives anywhere around. We decided to drive along looking at the scenery when this little jewel showed up on the GPS. I was very concerned when we walked in but my husband's hunger outweighed my caution. The entrance is confusing, the floor plan-meandering, the staff-so nice, the service-extremely friendly and the food-really old fashioned, home style, grandmother cooking. The menus are too big. But I settled on the buffet as soon as I saw the mac and cheese and the Waldorf Salad. I NEVER order Mac and cheese but this looked like my mom's. I think was wonderful. I even had a brownie and it too tasted like home made just from the oven, moist and chewy. I must admit I over ate and could have cared less about the ambiance! My husband selected breakfast. For less than $8 he got (pay attention) country ham, bacon, country sausage, hash browns, grits or fried apples, two eggs, toast, and a side of country gravy and Biscuits!
The buffet was less than $8 so for $16 we were able to time travel. Back to a time and place where people are actually interested when they ask "how's everything?" where cooks take the time to prepare food for the family and friends who would be dining @ the tables. It was a time when the food may not have been good for you but it was so goooood. I think Andy Taylor or Aunt Bee could have walked in and no one would have been surprised. You heard friends greeting friends across the room, people wishing others well. It was a sweet release from the everyday rush of life to simple surroundings, friendly service and great comfy food. We plan to make the 45 min trip often.

2  Thank BeeBee623