US$158
Priceline
US$76
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Pier 21 Apartment Hotel(Fremantle)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$114
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle(East Fremantle)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$106
Agoda.com
Quality Suites Fremantle(Fremantle)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$79
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle(Fremantle)(Great Value!)
US$129
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsown bathroomlong termersa double private roomperth cityworth a visitper nighthostelobbkitchenbeachutensils
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have stayed at the OBB many times during the last year and have always been happy and welcomed by the backpackers that were staying there at the time. I have left to go traveling many times and keep end up going back there because I've always felt at home there! The people are always very welcoming and can be very like a family if you get a chance to get no them!

The hostel is in an amazing position, its only 1 min walk to Cottesloe beach which on a nice day is unbelievable. The beach has one of the best sunsets in Oz which is must see, on the weekends you can usually find most of the backpackers on the beach around a camp fire singing and having a great time which was one on my favourite things about OBB, everybody was always welcome down.

The staff are always very helpful and they keep the place tidy and clean. The kitchen can be messy at times but that's usually down to a minority, which the staff are usually very quick to catch the people responsible by using the cameras. There's a couple of tv rooms and a movie room that are really good for relaxing.

Some of the other reviews have been quite negative about drinking and how loud people can be, which can be true at times (weekends) but if your not wanting to have fun or a quiet and no drinking environment then you shouldn't really be staying in a hostel, There's is lots of long termors who all work during the week so it is usually a lot quieter.

Overall if your wanting to meet some really nice people and are wanting to have a amazing time I think the OBB would be an amazing choice!!

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank Madden1988
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I spent over a year backpacking around and stayed in tons of hostels but never one as amazing as OBB. I met the most wonderful characters, both guests and staff and never felt so welcome and homely.
It's like living in a big house with all your friends!
There's a family vibe going on, everyone looks out for each other.
Yes I'm one of those terrible long termers that everyone else complained about.

Well let me say one thing;
If it's as bad as these people claim, why are there so many people staying there long term??

I was there long enough to see that many people return.

It has the best location, a wonderful beach so close.
Fantastic staff, helpful and looking out for you.
Nice rooms with an attached bathroom that are cleaned. Much love to the cleaners for the amount of sand they have to deal with, joys of the beach.
And brilliant guests, many are real mates that I still keep in touch with despite being back in the uk. I miss the ocean beach backpackers.

I recon if you are a backpacker you should give it a try, you'll love it.

I'm going back there soon

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Danimccauley
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect when I came to Western Australia, whether I'd like it or just pass right through. The one thing that kept repeating in my head were the words from a traveling couple I'd met in Bondi Beach "Cottesloe Beach has this hostel right on the water that we stayed for months in, it was one of the greatest experiences of our trek around Australia, it was my first Hostel ever and it was amazing". That's a bit of a paraphrase of the conversation but needless to say I was twisted... I've learned to trust my gut in backpacking and roll with opportunities, but Bondi Beach was so awesome!! When I was offered a job in Perth working in the social sector on a set salary my mind was made up and I had a temporary place to try out, OBB!!!

When I arrived I was alone and feeling a bit out of place, which soon ended! My roommates invited me out to the courtyard for a few drinks (more than a few by the end) and I soon found myself incorporated into the OBB family. The has been many awesome people and a few not so awesome who have come and gone through the hostel and here I still am eight months later. Not out of a lack of options, but of a genuine love of the hostel and its pristine location on an iconic beach.
My girlfriend has since moved here from overseas and as she has never traveled or stayed in a hostel I booked us a private and planned on staying just a week longer and moving into a nearby apartment on the beach, which we could afford on my salary. She didn't want to she told me she loved the social environment and meeting people from all over the world, that she has never had this experience and she didn't want to end it yet. We've since moved back into my old dorm and my bed is beside the window with a full view of the ocean where we can fall asleep to the sound of the waves. Our room really is like a family, short term or long term you come into our dorm, you're part of this family.

You guys will hear reviews about how this hostel is loud and you'll never get any sleep, and people are always partying.... In so many ways those reviews are right. If you want dorms where lights are off at a set schedule, and quite time is enforced through strict staff members who do hourly checks, the military may be a better calling, or if not that than I guess the hotel next door is adequate.

The hostel here does weekly free BBQ for all of their guests, and I mean a proper awesome kebab on Wednesday! Not only that but they let you use the BBQ at our convenience, and trust me, we take full advantage, it's common to have groups organize proper BBQ nights.

The kitchen can get a bit messy but this is no fault of the hostel, its fellow backpackers! "What do you mean Mom's not here to do my dishes?" But guess what they get weeded out and spoken to by staff when CCTV is reviewed fairly quick. All pots and pans are provided, if they are not up to someones standard the IGA and woolworths up the street sells cheap pans you can keep in your room for about 12 bucks (beggars can't be choosers). All cutlery can be rented from the front desk and just turn it in when you leave to get a rebate.

There are three entertainment rooms, with one proper theater room! they are quick on uploading the new Game of thrones and the hostel will have groups vying for that room to watch new episodes, plus they have hundreds of other films on the hard drive. Sports are typically watched on the other TV's and every major playoff or final has had a group together for it for a proper BBQ and beers.

Away from home for the holidays? On Christmas the hostel shuts down the bar next door and does a private VIP event only for hostel guests where they supply free drinks (jungle juice!) and a massive Christmas feast!

I could just keep going on and on about this hostel, I know my time here will be winding down eventually but I can't thank the staff enough or the awesome guests that have really made this working Holiday spectacular, the fact that I will be here on a sponsorship and can come back to stay here is just the icing on the cake. Thank you OBB!!!

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk to place you in a laid back room. Trust me they know the rowdy ones. Vice Versa! If you want an amped up room speak to the desk lol!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Without doubt the best hostel i've stayed in. The staff are polite and personable, the rooms are clean and spacious, the residents are friendly and very welcoming.
Its a home for anyone and everyone; whether you want to have fun with the other residents in the courtyard or have some alone time and watch tv. Kitchen facilities are beautifully maintained and rooms are consistently cleaned.
On top of that its located 30 seconds (LITERALLY 30 SECONDS) from the beach and has an amazing burger joint attached to it.
Its a lot of fun and well worth a week or two stay...or a few months

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank adam_otmani
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hostel is, quite simply, outstanding. The majority of the staff are extremely helpful (of course everyone has bad days) and can be approached about pretty much any problem, any time of day and night.

The rooms are kept to a decent standard of cleanliness and personal space is respected. Lockers are provided in the rooms for extra storage and bed sheets can be exchanged daily for clean ones.

The amenities are also of quite a good standard. There are 3 television rooms and a communal courtyard and kitchen. The kitchen can, quite obviously, get busy at peak times. The courtyard is a very sociable place. There are generally at least a few people to converse with and most are welcoming and accomodating. Being an outgoing individual here will reward you with some of the best people you will meet on your travels and in life in general. Every wednesday hosts a free food night which consists of kebabs or an alternative vegetarian option.

The prices are quite amazing. 174 for one week or 348 for two. They include one or two free nights respectively and the free food on Wednesday.

As stated, the guests are brilliant. It can get a bit noisy at times as people tend to really enjoy themselves and the stories that flow. It is certainly a 22-28ish crowd, however the odd older guest can be found revelling in the quality atmosphere. Oh, did i forget to mention its only a few feet from the beach?

In all, those looking for a good time, good people and good fun here will most certainly find it. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014