“For a chain restaurants, surprisingly this is quite good”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #40 of 61 Restaurants in Forest Hill
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Description: TGI FRIDAYS prides itself on providing a fun and relaxed atmosphere, friendly service and original recipes. FRIDAYS is renowned for their World Famous Burgers, Buffalo Wings, Loaded Potato Skins, delicious desserts and over 400 different types of cocktails. All menu items are prepared fresh daily and cooked to order. FRIDAYS fun and friendly atmosphere is perfect for a night out with family and friends.
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We came here for a Thursday evening dinner and were surprised to see that the place was quite busy (even though the shopping centre was not). The waiting staff were a little slow in going about their work but overall they were quite friendly. we had ribs in our order so it took a bit longer than usual for the meals to arrive. Both ribs were delicious, unlike some of the other franchised restaurants served up ribs which tasted like they had been boiled and splashed with BBQ sauce with a bit of flame threw over it. There was definitely properly marinated process involved in the cooking. The burgers were nice as well. If this is a whinge, the serve is a bit too big. But then, the price was not "wallet friendly". Just on taste alone though, we would go back again, wallet permitting!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We made the mistake of visiting again a year or so later. Twenty minute wait for insipid coffee in a restaurant only a fifth full. I reminded the staff that we had ordered but they continued dusting the ledges and cleaning the keyboard for the PC.

Please have a staff meeting and remind each other that you are there for considerate service, a welcome to the customer, great coffee and memorable food. If the above is not on the agenda consider moving on to another business.

TGIFridaysAU, Manager at TGI Fridays, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Hey Robyn, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you! Since you left your review, TGI Fridays has changed ownership and we would love to invite you back to give us another chance. Lots of great improvements have been made across our restaurants, so if you'd be up for checking them out , could you please send us your contact details to contactus@tgifridays.com.au. We hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

The staff were clearly very busy but I would assume part of the trick in hospitality is to not let it show. It took a bit of an effort to get wait staff's attention for drink refills etc.

I was annoyed from the moment I was shown to the table. The waitress pointed at a table in the middle of the busiest part of the restaurant. I turned back to her to ask for another option and she had already disappeared. After finding her I asked for a booth or other option and she replied that none were available. I pointed to a line of empty tables and asked, "what about them?" Apparently I could now choose any table in that section.

The food was good for the type of venue this is.

To be fair to TGIF, I am late writing this review (we were there the last weekend in January. )

TGIFridaysAU, Manager at TGI Fridays, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Hi Kimothy1003 - Better late than never! Appreciate you taking the time to write us your review. It certainly sounds like you caught us at a time when we were perhaps a little run off our feet. Our guests are certainly able to pick a preferred table or booth (as long as they are not reserved), and it's unfortunate that your wasn't staff wasn't able to immediately take you through the options. Since you've visited we've in fact launched a new menu! Look forward to seeing what you think of it. Thanks!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We went on a Saturday night for dinner. Our waitress was a happy friendly girl who came and talked us through the menu and explained Happy Hour to us. We got there at 6pm and it quickly filled up soon afterwards. It was a busy place filled with lots of young families. The food was delicious and we had a great time. All of the staff were very attentive and helpful.

TGIFridaysAU, Manager at TGI Fridays, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Thanks for the great review, it was a pleasure to have you both in for dinner on Saturday! We've passed your comments onto the team and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

My sister and I decided to go to TGI Fridays. We've been there before and the last time we had the Jack Daniel's Burger. I was planning to have that again however at the entrance there was this photo of the Southern Cajun Chicken Burger. It looked so appealing that I changed my mind and ordered that instead. The waitress was quite friendly and took out order. When our food came, i went for the fries straight away, It was as nice as it looked. Right seasoning, not oily and cooked to the crunchy goodness. Then I looked at the burger, it was not remotely similar to the photo shot at the entrance at all, When i deconstructed the burger to check the contents, the chicken breast didn't look appealing, it was so tiny that it didn't even cover the lovely brioche bun, the batter was dark and it looked over-cooked. I had to full bites off the bun and still didn't get to the chicken and when i did, the chicken was so dry and bland. Another waitress came by and asked how our food were and I told her not good. I showed her the chicken and she said they serve by portion. She then called the manager. I told the manager the chicken is way too tiny for this bun and she also said the same thing, "they serve by portion". She then offered to give me another piece of chicken which I said yes to. The chicken that came looks exactly like the one inside the bun, Small. Dark. Really dry. It unfortunately didn't make the Southern Cajun Chicken burger I ordered any better. Sorry, not going back there anytime soon.

TGIFridaysAU, Team Member at TGI Fridays, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Hi CheLee2311,
We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our Southern Cajun Chicken Burger. It is meant to be big and juicy and packed full of flavour, and it does not sound like you received that at all. We would like the chance to chat with you directly about your visit. If you could please send us your contact details to contactus@tgifridays.com.au - we'd like to give you a call. Thanks.