See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I took my Mum across to Kangaroo Island as I had not been there before and I wanted to show her something different other than our usual Barossa and Handorf outings. I wanted a self contained unit without a big price tag. This was perfect for us, it had a good size fridge and freezer which meant we could keep our costs down by bringing our own food with us. The kitchen is small but very practicle and everything worked well. The unit was clean and tidy, beds were comfortable. The water pressure is very low, however as I have grown up in the country this is something that I understand comes with having to capture your own water and not having any mains. The really great thing was being able to get up close to some wallabies. The owners were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Leah V
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My daughter and I stayed for three nights and found it suited our needs perfectly. It was budget priced but was cheery, comfortable and homely. It was much nicer than staying in a park cabin. We were able to keep food fresh in a large modern fridge/freezer and use the small stove top and microwave to prepare our meals. The kitchen had everything we needed. We were able to watch TV on a modern good size TV. Kim and Ken were very friendly and had a great knowledge of Kangaroo Island. We found it a great place to access all the attractions and not far from Kingscote for supplies. It was in a quiet area and it was easy to get a good night's sleep in the warm comfortable beds. We would highly recommend it as value for money for those on a budget.

Room tip: Bring food supplies with you. Kingscote is the cheapest place to shop on the island.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank tubbystours
Reviewed 5 October 2012

When our family travel we do it on a budget and I am becoming tired of places that begrudge everything they provide for you. Casuarina is the opposite, everything you could hope to find in accommodation and providing extras that places far more costly don't. Plentiful linen and artisan soaps as well as large quantities of small wrapped bars, spacious floor plan, well equipped kitchen, dozens of extra blankets and all set in delightful grounds so you can breakfast in the sunshine just outside the unit. Ken and Kim are superb hosts, always helpful, but not intruding. A beautiful location in quiet surrounds. Definitely recommend it.

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank CaT0ny
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed at Casurina Coastal Units for 4 nights having a great time at the K.I Cup(horse racing)What a great place to stay and great value for money.The units were clean and tidy and very quiet.I cannot say enough good things about the owners Kim and Ken.They are so friendly and helpful even supplying fresh seafood fron K.I to cook on the bbq.My stay was fantastic and so much fun.The wineries that Kim recommended were fantastic,Scenery was amazing and the beaches were so beautiful and most times we had them to ourselves.I will be returning here for sure and certainly staying here again.Thank you Kim and Ken for making it so special. Janine

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Janine G
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We spent two nights here - which we thought was enough to cover the main Kangaroo Island sights. The location is perfect - and is close to all of the Kangaroo Island attractions, especially if you have rented a car (you really have no other option on Kangaroo Island). The island itself only has approximately 4000 people so staying in one of the "bigger" towns like Kingscote or Penneshaw really doesn't make much of a difference in terms of things to do. There is a small shop nearby which has basically everything you need (including petrol), which stays open until around 8PM.

The room was basic but clean, with a slightly odd (but interesting) colour scheme, and provided all required amenities (cooking etc). Some locally handmade soap was provided which was a nice touch, and the beds were firm and comfortable. My only complaint was that the automatic air freshener was very strong, but it was able to be turned off :) Yes, the water pressure is low - but that's because they run on tank water - it's still adequate for a shower.

The hosts were very hospitable and were helpful in providing suggestions on where to eat and visit. I would stay here again :)

Room tip: There are only a handfull of units, so it doesn't really matter which one you get.
Date of stay: September 2011