4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$1,262
Hotels.comUS$1,262
Booking.comUS$1,268
Orbitz.comUS$1,262
CheapTicketsUS$1,262
Destinia.comUS$1,442
All reviews pink sand dressing room private jet golf cart beachfront suite beach staff the ground floor pool bar four seasons tobago cays entire family connecting flight minute flight luxurious resort amazing property sun loungers heaven on earth
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 December 2018

If you are looking for a breath of fresh air in the Carribean, you have found it. All of the previous glowing reviews are accurate. It's just that special. The staff, the food, the location, the amenities, the rooms, the experience are what you imagine the perfect, luxury, experience in the Carribean to be.

If you are like my wife and me, you've been to very nice hotels and resorts around the world and have very high standards. You don't mind paying but expect quality in return. The Mandarin Oriental delivers. You'll never find yourself looking at the bill, wondering if you're getting the best service or if you're missing something. This resort delivers.

I recommend you stay in the Penthouse suite. The view is amazing and it has more than enough room for an entire family. The finish and interior decorating are top notch. Make sure to spend a day at Shell beach and get the jerk chicken. Delicious. As others have noted, make sure to catch the sunset on the 13th hole. The bar staff at Turtles was always on point. Management was always around, available and happy to chat and make sure the clientele was enjoying their stay. Our butler was amazing - around just when we needed her but never overbearing.

What else is there to say? Five stars.

3  Thank JasonM751
Reviewed 25 November 2018 via mobile

Just finished a nice little 5 day stay at the Mandarin Oriental and after staying at some of the finest properties in the world I think this one is the nicest resort I have ever stayed at. The facility is massive and impeccably maintained but the true standout of the stay was the uniformly excellent service. The staff have an optimism, enthusiasm, and precision that I’ve never seen before in the Caribbean or anywhere else for that matter - exceeding the service you get in a luxury hotel in a major international city. The changeover to Mandarin Oriental has brought some top management from other properties to ensure everything is top notch but I can tell they were working from a great, enthusiastic team already on Canouan. Everyone seems very eager to impress and show off the new property. I spoke at length to all of the team and they can’t wait for upcoming new and better things coming to Canouan as well. Our butler for the stay, Christal, was eager to help and anticipate our needs. For example after a boat day excursion we came back to the room to find fresh aloe on a block of ice in case we got burned and a sunglasses cleaning kit. Little gifts and touches were constantly being dropped off and although probably scripted the staff’s interactions one on one all showed they really cared. It seemed every hotel staff member knew our daily itinerary and was eager to follow up on how we liked what we got up to! Everywhere we went it seemed to be all hands on deck.

The food was great, the property was stunningly beautiful, the water was some of the prettiest in the Caribbean and I think no where else in the islands will you get treated like you are really important better than at the Mandarin Oriental Canouan.

Make sure to do the boat excursion to the Tobago Cays to swim with tortoises and sunset cocktails on the 13th hole of the golf course with stunning views of the whole island and the surrounding islands.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank breakfasttacos
Reviewed 11 November 2018

The resort is magnificent. The personnel are fabulous. Everything is perfect and beyond. The entire team anticipate your needs and deliver exceptional service before you even think of what you might want or need.

We were picked up at the airport and delivered to the property. It was a great ride with a tour of the "downtown" area.

Upon arrival we were met by the GM and management team. Duarte is wonderful. He took the time to meet with us and make sure our time at the property was flawless. AND IT WAS. Thank you Duarte and your team.

We were then escorted to our room by our butler Troy. Troy demonstrated all the electronic enhancements in the room. From the TV's built in behind mirrors and the automated drapes and A/C, everything is controlled by ipads placed around the suite. Troy checked on us repeatedly during our stay. He and Carl even arranged for a visit to the 13th hole to watch the sunset from the best location on the island. A great experience.

The restaurants were alternated during slow season to allow guests to try multiple venues. Each experience was outstanding. Albert listened to our orders and remembered them when he saw us in another venue. As he is from Spain we got to talking about Spanish wines. Albert was kind enough to provide us with a list of Spanish wines to try in the future. Thank you Albert.

The spa personnel provided a superb treatment to my wife. She enjoyed the therapist, facilities and views. Another guest had a treatment on her second day and loved it so much she arranged two more. The MOHG spas are some of the best in the world.

There is golf and tennis available. We spent our time at the beach instead. Also the bar where Feiona provided magnificent service. Thank you Feiona.

It takes a while to get to Canouan. But once you get there, you will be greeted with open arms and welcomed home. The MO Canouan should be on your list of places to visit. It is a remarkable property with an incredible team. Thank you all.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank SBF2
DCorreiaMOCanouan, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Canouan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2018

Dear SBF2,

Greetings from a sunny Canouan.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us and the wider digital audience, your most kind feedback, following your experience with us here at Mandarin Oriental, Canouan.

It makes me extremely happy that you have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and very proud that my team has delivered on the promise and in particular Troy, Carl, Albert, Feiona and our colleagues at the Spa. Please rest assured that I shall be sharing your very kind comments with the team, as all the credit goes to them.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and making your next experience an even more memorable one.

Remaining always at your service,

Duarte Correia

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Words cannot describe the MOCAN experience that a group of 12 business associates and myself had just recently as invited guests of the resort, we all said to ourselves, this is the best "fam" trip we have ever experienced in all of our travels, and we are on huge mega yachts all the time. From the minute we arrived at the resort, Christal, who was assigned to my room as my personal "Butler" was one of the best Hospitality Management employee I have ever experienced. She was everywhere to assist in our needs from every trip we came back from, and I said, Christal, "you have wings as you fly to everywhere I am" she and the entire staff made our trip heavenly. The resort is stunningly beautiful, the one-bedroom suites have views of the Caribbean and the reef right from the bedroom, suites are outfitted exquisitely, everything is at your fingertips, the Jacuzzi tub, the in-glass TV's, the Ipad remote controls to operate everything, it is just so well done. The restaurants especially Romeo and Juliet are so elegant and the food is divine, and the Head Chef from Bali is probably one of the best I have ever witnessed. We ate very healthy and we were treated so royally, this staff probably has the best hospitality skills to date in my travels. From the stunning pool, the Spa (a must for a massage) in the hillside, the sailing on their Catamaran, the 18-hole golf course, which the back 9 all has views of the Caribbean (Hole 13 a dream) to hiking Mount Royal, I would recommend this resort to anyone. The management team is trained to treat a guest to the best experience. Canouan is such a lovely and very clean and spotless island. Note: The review written by DpV27 is a family that we met on same trip and we had the joy of meeting their little son Liam. They were a very beautiful family and I know they experienced what we did, only with their children. A resort not be missed in your next adventure.

Room tip: All of the suites have an ocean view, so no room is better than others. The two-bedroom villa is exquisite with it's own pool.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank mwalker57
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

This exquisite resort on an unspoiled island is a hidden gem (think Mustique in her early years).

Choose a gorgeous beachfront suite with oversize bathroom, ample closet space and dressing room, private enclosed veranda ... plus more. Fit for a princess (and I believe there has been one of those starting here).

Wifi with a better connection than I’ve had in major European resorts, including in Monaco, is available everywhere - from remote beach to the 13th tee. Business travel let’s delight.

The spa is the crowing jewel .... private treatment bungalows nestled in the hillside; expert therapists from Bali and Nepal ....oh and you must try yoga in the Shala overlooking the ocean through the trees.

Cuisine ... where to start? From a delicious healthy breakfast to 6 course tasting menus ... pick your flavors! So many mouthwatering options and in a different restaurant every night ... a gastronome’s delight.

Under the subtle eagle eye of GM Duarte Correia, this superstar team shines.
No amenity or attention to detail overlooked No special request unmet - challenge them! They will make it happen, much to your delight! The sublime service cannot be matched anywhere in the Caribbean ... a special blend of warm hospitality and discreet attention.

Soft, almost pink sand .... pristine water ..... lush vegetation (no Zika here) .... safe ... this is paradise for the super exclusive.

Thank you for a magnificent 5 day stay.

Oh yes ... bring the jet ... this airport can accommodate 737 aircraft.

Date of stay: August 2018