All reviews pink sand dressing room tennis courts golf course bedroom beachfront suite tobago cays pilates troy jet watersports sandals playground hillside lucia reef gym luxury
Reviewed 19 December 2017

We stayed in a One Bedroom Beachfront Suite which was the most incredible room we have ever seen in the Caribbean and we have been most everywhere. Huge bathrrom, tons of closets and storage space, separate living area, private balcony, etc. The beach is very pretty, nice sand, but the water can be a little wavy being on the windward side of the island. What really made this stay special were the staff who all went out of their way for us. I am sure I will forget someone but Jennifer, Sonia, Koya, Amo, Akins, and Candace at Shell Beach were great! My only small issue was the food. Part of the issue was maybe that it was November and the occupancy was not high but only one restaurant was open each night for dinner and the selections were somewhat limited. I will say that we asked a couple times for a special meal that was not on the menu and they accomodated us nicely.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are hands down the best we have ever stayed in the Caribbean
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim L
Euan C, Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Canouan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear Kim,

Thank you for this review and for telling us how special Jennifer, Sonia, Koya, Amo, Akins, and Candace made you feel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our accommodations.

Our resort is in the process of becoming Mandarin Oriental, Canouan. It's our intent to bring our brand's legendary service standards in food and beverage (etc) to the resort. During your next visit, we look forward to introducing you to our new restaurant menus and concepts. We hope to have the transition complete by June 1, 2018.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

This is the epitome of luxury. From the minute we arrived until we left, the service was impeccable. I have never experienced the level of friendliness and professionalism from the staff at Pink Sands Club. Everyone - from the airport concierge to the hotel concierge who waved goodbye to us - excelled at their positions. The restaurant and bar personnel remembered what we liked to eat and drink and called us by name, as did the beach staff. The room we had was just as it appeared on the website. The beach is fabulous and the golf and spa are topnotch. We couldn't ask for a better vacation and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view from the first floor (as opposed to the ground floor).
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Waves27982

Dear Waves27982

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We arrived on the beautiful island of Canouan 5 minutes before our SVG flight was supposed to take off from St. Lucia. SVG must get an amazing "on time" rating. The driver from Pink Sands Club met us at the tiny airport with cool towels & water to whisk us off to their stunning property.

The approach to the hotel is littered with turtles all out enjoying the late afternoon air. With gentle breezes from the Atlantic it never felt too warm & was always comfortable so who could blame them. Upon arrival we were met with a delicious cocktail made by JeffNeil. After being given a quick tour of the main area's of the hotel we were shown to our rooms.

The beachfront suites are jaw droppingly gorgeous & very hi-tech. All the tech was quite user friendly even for one who often feels it's best to have an 8 year old on hand to show them how to use all the functions. You walk through the dressing room to get to the lovely bathroom & I'm not sure I own enough clothes to fill the closets. The tub is begging you to have a good long soak and the shower has so many spout options that a cold spot is never a worry! There is a nicely stocked minibar with complimentary soft drinks, water, beer, milk, tea, coffee, chocolate, nuts & delicious rum cake that is topped up regularly. The coffee machine is easy to use & has a good variety to chose from. The bedroom is huge and supremely comfortable with Frette linen & pillows. The moveable glass wall that accommodates the TV offers another way to enter the sitting room & enjoy the view/listen to the ocean waves from your bed. We were greeted with a champagne split & trays of canapés & petit fours on the coffee table which didn't last long & a perfect start to our stay. There is a dining table available in the sitting room & on the spacious balcony should you decide to dine in-room. Each night I returned to my room to find naughty petit fours that will do nothing to help your waistline! Sunset reflections & sunrises are amazing from the balcony along with star & moon watching to end the night. I loved the fact that the staff quickly knew without being told we wanted the chairs set up near the railing so we could fully enjoy the view & stopped putting the furniture back where it belonged! This was this sort of seamless service that made Pink Sands very special.

The many long beaches are never packed & we rarely had more than 4 others when sunbathing & were often the only guests there. Each suite is given a golf buggy to get around the 1200 acre property. Getting lost was definitely my favourite part of our stay there plus, like a 12 year old, I loved driving the cart. I came to believe that the staff were warned we have the most horrible sense of direction as after our second journey out it appeared that on every 4th corner there was a member there to help us with directions. I had visions of the reception sending out a warning via walky-talky that "they're on the move again" as such is the level of care that each of them took with us! Not that their directions helped us one little bit & it almost became our mission to get as lost as possible. It really is the only way to see all the vast areas each more beautiful than the last. I'm not a golfer & have a bit of a hatred for the game, but the course is breathtakingly gorgeous & not to be missed. The 13th hole is the best (but not the only by a long shot) place to see the sunset. Have JeffNeil make you the best BBC you'll ever have or give you a bottle of wine to take up there & enjoy.

Breakfast is the best there. I rarely eat breakfast, but the omelettes, benedicts, bacon/sausage and baked goods were too difficult to resist. All presented with a shot of different yummy smoothy each day made by the delightful Dhneeshia (hope I spelt that correctly!). When I return I will definitely have the pancakes with honey butter as I'm now kicking myself that I did not try them. The food cannot be faulted & was impeccable in presentation no matter which restaurant we attended on the property. The singer at dinner has a lovely voice & a perfect playlist.

Pink Sands organised a boat for us to go to Tobago Cay, which is a must when in the area. The Cays are only a 30 minute ride away. The diving/snorkelling is amazing. We saw many fish, turtles & even a Nurse shark! For a pre-Cay snorkel head over to Shell Beach where there are some good fish to view. Don't forget your underwater camera.

Another must is a visit to the spa. I opted for the 85 minute aromatherapy massage which was divine. Wish I'd been there longer to try more treatments.

I shall continue to have my fantasy of one of my children having their wedding in the delightful chapel on the property till I make it happen. It truly is a fairytale setting & I cannot think of a better place to seal your vows.

Thank you Daniel & Jan for all your care & kindness during our too short 5 night stay. You should be commended on the service provided. The staff were invisible, but without fail always there when needed. My sister & I take a yearly holiday with each other & this has to be up there as the best yet. It will be almost impossible to top next year. We wish you all the best of luck in the future which I'm sure you won't need as Pink Sands is a spectacular place. We shall certainly be back.....hopefully for a wedding!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank fmbrandler2016
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Wow wow wow ......... this is truly a beautiful hotel and the island is breathtaking!
We arrived at Canuoun airport by small aircraft which had landed at a cute little building just us and one other person , the quickest I've ever got through passport control !! We were whisked away in luxury to Pink Sands quickly and arrived 10 min later . This is another level ..... beautiful coastal scenery , the 200 acre resort is pristine and cared for meticulously. Our driver took us to our villa named Villabu which had the most breathtaking view we had ever seen !! The villa was large , spacious and luxurious.
Awaiting our arrival was Doreen and Jennifer wonderful ladies who looked after us from the second we arrived to the second we left ....

The hotel was glamorous, chic , and truly fitting for its surroundings . We spent time going to the pool admiring its beautiful beach with Jeffinel our bar man who was very conscientious and fun . The breakfast room down on ground level in the hotel was light and airy room with lovely decor, serving a varied variety of wares . You must try the freshly squeezed OJ delicious.

The kids club was amazing true child's paradise , facilities and timetable to suit children of all ages .

I could ramble for hours about things to do and see but I would be spoiling it for you just take my word for it and go see yourself .

They said it's a millionaires playground oh my it certainly is .... A get away from it all !!!

The only down fall of this beautiful, out of this world little island is ...... we had to leave !!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank melissa s
Reviewed 31 May 2017

If you're looking for some time away to enjoy the natural beauty of the Caribbean in a truly relaxed setting, this is the perfect place for you. It is upscale, secluded and restful. The suites are beautifully appointed and the staff could not be more gracious and accommodating from the minute they meet you at the airport. They call you by name each time they see you, and look to make your stay perfect and and your every wish a reality. We spent time enjoying the gorgeous and uncrowded beaches, searching for shells, going for walks and some challenging golf. Our suite came with a golf cart that we could use to explore the grounds of this gorgeous resort. It was only a 4-day trip, but lovely from start to finish. We look forward to our next visit to this little piece of paradise!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms have a water view, and being a low rise (only 2 floors with suites), there is not a bad room to be had.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple