All reviews screened in porch small efficiency sea turtles tamarindo beach beach towels fruit trees outdoor shower satellite tv molly neighbors casita accommodations beaches house kitchenette pots bbq
Reviewed 20 June 2017

To be honest, the house itself it tooooooooooooo old. If you're used to hotel style rooms, then it's absolutely not your choice. Everything is out of ages old.

Luckily I don't use any of kitchen thing, so I even didn't touch them, and there's no A/C, only fans, so it's really hot for sleep.

Also bathroom really old and small, not really a clean, bright style.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2017

Staying at Casita Tropical was an absolutely delightful experience. The guesthouse is absolutely charming with all kinds of flowering plants and fruit trees. I stayed in one of the small efficiency apartments which had beautiful tile floors, a big queen bed, as well as kitchenette and satellite TV. Outside my room was a pretty screened in porch area with an additional sink, microwave, pots, pans, dishes, bbq and everything I would need to cook at home. I shared this area with my neighbor but it really wasn't a big deal. Most hotels have large common areas. As it were, it was just the two of us. I also had my own table and hammock where I lazed away a couple of afternoons with a good book.

Molly, the owner, is another great reason to stay here because of her warm, open personality. You can tell she cares about the her guests. She was also nice enough to take me snorkeling with her a couple of mornings -- she knows the best places where there are sea turtles, manta rays and other sea creatures. She provides free snorkel gear, beach towels, etc. to all of her guests.

I had a great time and hope to come back soon!

Room Tip: The air conditioned units are quieter than the open-windowed ones, but Molly provides noise machines in all of her rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2017

The main purpose of our trip was to snorkel in the beautiful waters of Culebra. Staying at Casita Tropical's economical accommodations allowed us to snorkel almost every day for 2 weeks! Molly was extremely helpful in pointing out features about the different beaches and often snorkeling with us to point out the amazing sea life. Her knowledge and encouragement were the best part of staying at Casita Tropical.
Previous to our arrival Molly answered several emails about the property and surrounding area that were very helpful.
What you need to know about the small efficiency accommodations is that your only private space is your bed and your bathroom which are shuttered off by louvered doors. The screened in area, you see in the photos, is shared by another small efficiency accommodation right next to yours. So you will be eating and relaxing in a common area. If you are wanting privacy I would suggest the Large Efficiency Accommodations. We spent most our time after snorkeling at Tamarindo Beach on Zoni Beach, reading and swimming often having the whole beach to ourselves if we went early.
Be sure to ask Molly about the snorkeling! She is a fountain of knowledge and the snorkeling on Culebra is safe and soooo fun!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Staying with Molly was like staying with a friend. She was a great host, offering us island advice and great hospitality. Molly even took us snorkeling one morning and to the early morning ferry another. Her location is great, I'd advise a golf cart rental, however the island is small enough that with where Casita Tropical is located it is feasible to walk to all the beaches and the town. The space is only spot clean, and not a 5-star property, but we found the accommodations to be exactly what we needed and expected based on other reviews. We hope to stay with Molly again one day. Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2016

Molly's Casita Tropical villa is great! Very convenient location, just between the ferry terminal and the playa flamenco! We booked a small efficacy which comes with a king bed, a private bath and a screened patio. There are two cats and one dog in the house, and they are so cute. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple