“Cute little apartment for a long weekend stay”

La Loma Apartments Culebra
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Culebra
La Loma Apartments Culebra
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this tiny apartment for 5 days and were quite comfortable. The apartment was absolutely spotless upon our arrival. The furnishings were spartan but very comfortable and included an AC unit. The bathroom is large with a spacious shower stall. There is no tub. There is a grocery right next door so getting supplies was a breeze.

Be forewarned, if you're new to traveling in the Caribbean, there are feral chickens/roosters almost everywhere. We woke to roosters competing for attention at 6am.

The apartment is conveniently located near to shops and restaurants, but is on a busy corner with regular (sometimes loud) traffic.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2015

I stayed in Apt #2 and it was exactly what I wanted - a clean, basic room. I didn't want to spring for the resort, and I couldn't quite stomach sharing a room at the hostel, so I found La Loma. Price point is correct. Great location, 5 minute walk to the ferry dock, 20 minute walk to the airport, 1 minute walk to the Dingy Dock and a bunch of other restaurants, and you can even hike to some abandoned southeastern beaches if you're adventurous. About a 45 minute walk to Flamenco, and not a pleasant one (vans zooming by). Walk into town and pay $3 (yes, $3) for a spot on a van, constantly making runs from town to Flamenco and back.

The apartment had a kitchen with fridge, and microwave, a 4 seat kitchen table, an AC unit, and a bathroom with a shower. No TV or wifi, but you don't want to spend your precious hours on Culebra watching sitcoms and cat videos. You get clean linens and soap like any hotel. Everything functioned, and more importantly was clean. You are located right next to a 4-way stop what is considered a 'busy' road in Culebra, so there will be some noise especially on weekends but I turned on the fan for white noise and had no issues sleeping. Most of the traffic is golf carts.

In summary, La Loma #2 is efficient, clean, and a great location. I never met the owner, but she was extremely nice when communicating everything by text. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank 4whodey
Reviewed 25 January 2015

My husband and I stayed at La Loma in December and found it clean, basic but accommodating and in a great location. Myrna was so kind to arrange for transportation for us from the airport and offered her availability for any questions that we might have during our stay. The residence is well kept inside and outside, and has all the basics needed for a great stay. The bed was full size but comfortable. We appreciated having a fully equipped kitchen. It is also in a great location for walking to a dock, either grocery store, restaurants, bars and Avis if you do decide to rent a car for part of your trip. There was a day or two we heard vehicles go by in the morning but it wasn't that big of deal as we got up and started our day or drifted back to sleep (and I'm a very light sleeper). A small shelving unit in the bathroom for toiletries and a couple lounge chairs on the back patio would be nice additions. We are well traveled and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for beach towels in advance and Myrna will make sure they're available. Rooms have air condi...
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CTeri
Reviewed 8 January 2015 via mobile

The place is small and simple but you can heard everything from the street. Every car that passes by you can heard it like you where outside. The bed is a full size so it's hard to fit two adults and you only get two pillows that are 1 inch and 1/2 thick. There is not tv or wifi. But the worst thing is that each room shares a small window to the next apartment, and the light from their room comes in to you room(see pic). The street rosters will wake you up at 5am. The place is clean but very hard to get a good night sleep.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Erick R
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have stayed at sister-property Villa Fulladoza many times over the years and knowing this new apartment was managed by the same fantastic person, Myrna, assured me that my stay at this new apartment would be just as wonderful and it was in years prior at the other property. There are three separate apartments in this totally refurbished property. The apartment we had (as are the other two) was completely rebuilt and remodeled inside -- new kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. The location is a few steps away from Superette Mayra (grocery store), Pandeli Bakery and the dock at Fulladoza Bay. (We took a water taxi to Culebrita right from the dock, just steps away from our unit.) There's a lovely patio area in the back of the property with picnic table chairs etc. Perfect for sipping a rum cocktail at sunset or having Puerto Rican coffee and sandwich at breakfast. The property is impeccably maintained and extremely clean. It has a kitchen with items to prepare meals in the apartment. Lots of fans and highly efficient A/C if needed. (We really did not need it during our January 2012 stay). The iPod dock/ alarm clock was a nice touch. Shower had great pressure and lots of hot water. Flamenco Beach is a short distance away. While not walk-able for everyone, it is doable. But, it's definitely easy to reach Flamenco Beach from this unit, using bike, scooter, golf cart, jeep or taxi. The management is very helpful in arranging local tours, such as the water taxi we took to Culebrita. We will be back and definitely recommend this unit for our friends and family. Please feel free to contact me with specific questions -- I'm not the most articulate reviewer as you can see, but I am happy to help with any questions you have about this apartment.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank portadelsol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culebra
1.8 km away
1.0 km away
Casa Robinson
Casa Robinson
#6 of 20 in Culebra

Been to La Loma Apartments Culebra? Share your experiences!