“A Monster Lobster ”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Isabel, my wife, and I went here for lunch while actually looking for another place. From the outside it didn’t look so inviting so I was not moving quickly towards the door but Isabel said “Let’s Go” and that was it. Once inside the place was nice, clean, and simple. Chef Carlos was prepping in the open kitchen just a few feet away from us and we could hear, smell and see almost everything. Alexander greeted us at the door. He was also our server and between things he worked in the kitchen. I was feeling the mini-vacation freedom of our day trip so asked about the lobster. What they brought out to show me was the giant monster lobster that up until then I had only dreamed about, and I knew fully well that there was no way I could eat that entire lobster but I Wanted It.

THEN they ask each of us how we would like our protein finished, with what kind of sauce, and with which sides. Each plate was completely custom-made. Even though we were the only ones there at the moment we also knew that they were getting ready for a party of ten. Our meals came out unbelievably quickly, were absolutely gorgeous, and each of our meals was the most delicious food that we had had in a LONG time. Absolutely unbelievable.

The topper was when we got the check and saw how little that incredible meal cost. I only wish that I had fasted for the prior 24 hours and could have eaten that entire lobster.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We highly recommend this place. From the sangrias, to the appetizers and soup, to the main plate and dessert. We had the seafood soup, which was delicious, we also had some falafels and the bread, which were both amazing. We were offered multiple options for the fish, which is rare. We went with The fried snapper with “trifongo” and “mofongo”, which was outstanding. We ended with the key lime pie. Service, quality of food and overall everything was amazing.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We visited this place for a late lunch. The place was empty and a/c was turn-off. We ordered an appetizer to the chef/owner who took the order. Two minutes later we wanted to change the order and call the chef but he dudnt come. After 15 minutes wait he came to the table with the drinks and look angry when we told about the change. After that he started speaking loud about us to another employee and we cancelled the order and left the place. In our way out he continue insulting us. This guy has to deal with his arrogant attitute and angry management.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Recommendation: Make a reservation in advance. As I understand it, Chef Carlos only serves so many dishes each evening and when its all gone, he will close the doors--literally. The decor is understated, but don't let the decor give you an impression of the food--WHICH IS AMAZING. Its my second visit and this time, with a reservation, I gave Chef autonomy to serve whatever he decided to prepare. He'll only serve the freshest of ingredients. The first time, the open kitchen design was a little unfamiliar and "odd". But the second time, I knew what to expect and the feel is like having your own personal chef prepare the food for you. Relax and don't be in a hurry.

Octopus Salad in Mofongo Cups started us out, followed by fresh baked Sourdough bread. Then out came the Chilean Salmon on a bed of mashed root vegetables. Left us just enough room for the key lime pie with fresh fruit glaze.

Oh yeah, the place is not easy to find especially at night as it has only a small teeny tiny sandwich board sign outside.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Just WOW!
Chef Carlos is not only an amazing chef, he’s an amazing human being. You couldn’t ask for a more talented Chef!! Puerto Rico is an amazing island, and if you really check it out, you will find some true gems. Restaurante Marina’s is exactly that; A GEM!! A 5 Star, Classically Trained, Master Chef; creating dishes that are out of this world amazing, both in freshness and flavor!!! Seriously, just tell the Chef what you’re craving: shellfish, seafood, chicken, beef or vegetarian, and just sit back and prepare to be blown away. My husband and I have eaten here every single day, sometimes twice a day, since we arrived in PR. Meals like these, some 5 courses!, would cost hundreds of dollars in the states!! To have a Master Chef prepare you an amazing meal is a treat that you would be remiss not to have; over and over!!! As with any island life, sometimes the power is out, and Chef Carlos can still prepare you a 5 Star meal. Every. Single. Time. If you really want to do it right and feel like a rockstar, call Chef Carlos ahead of time and simply let him know that you’re coming. Mention what you’re craving, and when you arrive, just sit back and wait for the magic! So far we’ve eaten at Reataurante Marina’s about 12 times (and counting), and we have not looked at the menu once! There’s just no need. Chef Carlos makes food that is so out of this world amazing, I just can not say enough great things about him and his superior skill set and tastebuds!! He clearly LOVES what he does! Restaurante Marina’s is located just before the turnabout, with tons of parking available. There’s an unassuming sandwich board outside and ocean views. There’s also a huge banquet room to accommodate larger groups- again, call ahead and you will NOT be disappointed!!! Puerto Rico has a gift on their island... and his name is Chef Carlos!!! A MUST, MUST, MUST, MUST EAT!!!!! You will
not find better food anywhere on the entire island!!!!! 5 STARS! All. Day. Long. What are you waiting for?!? GO GO GO!!! Thank You, Chef, for everything!!! The Myers family loves you!

1  Thank JoAnn M