“GREAT VACATION SPOT !!!”
Review of Hotel Playa Coco

Hotel Playa Coco
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Cayo Coco
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have never written a review, but just coming back from Hotel Playa Coco (week of 25th feb)
I wonder where some of these reviews come from...The beach restaurant always had pizza, the water was never turned off...the staff was always ready to help out. As far as the buffet it was always full of choices..yes..always fish, chicken, pork, beef..BUT always different recipes..
Had different rice and vegetables every nite....what do these people eat at home?? I have been to many caribbean resorts and this is one of the best. The rooms were always clean, the beach is one of the best I have visited, water cyrstal clear. Looking forward to returning !!

4  Thank Micki-1956
There are newer reviews for Hotel Playa Coco

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed at Playa Cayo Coco Feb. 18-25. Traveled with a group of 40+ and had an absolute blast. Read all the reviews before we went, and to all future travelers, the people who wrote poor reviews or had several complaints, either have crazy high expectations or are spoiled rotten. This resort had everything. Was there a few problems, of course. A pipe burst and the workers were on it 24 hours a day and were still working on it when we left. This pipe effected the air conditioning and water pressure a little bit but was trying to be resolved.

The great things, the beach was beautiful, it was the nicest beach i have ever seen in my life, crystal clear water and not a single complaint about it. The rooms were big, and clean. Service was awesome, whatever was needed so long as you asked politely was done promptly and with a smile. A La Carts were amazing, the food was awesome and the servers were amazing. Buffet was so so, if you were willing to wait out the pasta bar line, or stir fry line then the buffet was great too.

There were multiple bars that were always open and had friendly bartenders. Most of the time there was only 1 bartender, but if you had patients you were served promptly. The highlight of our trip was the entertainment staff. From the first night we were there, they were friendly and made our trip worth while. Jack was always around, the minute you needed anything he seemed to show up, almost reading your mind and was willing to give anything to make sure your stay was everything you wanted it to be.

Our trip was amazing and would recommend it for anyone who would go. One more side note, to the people who were complaining about either students or loud noises late at night. Do some research if your going in the end of feb early march those are students spring breaks or march breaks. Dont blame the resort or give poor reviews, blame yourselves for not doing your homework.

2  Thank mb06hv
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My friends and I just got back from spending spring break there this past week from Feb. 21-28th. Do I miss it? YES. My advice if you're looking for a great vacationing spot is don't read into any of those negative reviews, because they aren't true. We had an AMAZING time there!! We stayed in the pink building and had two beautiful views both from the balcony and the front door. The rooms have air conditioning and are well kept daily by the maids. I don't know why some other reviews talk about bed bugs since there weren't any, but if you want to be extra safe just get a room on the third floor, and it doesn't hurt to bring a little bug repellent for those warm nights outdoors.The resort itself is beautiful, the gardens are maintained and the pool area is really nice. It even has a swim up bar. We spent a good portion of our days at the pool - get there early though if you want a good spot! The staff members and entertainers were super and by the end of the week we were good friends with a lot of them and found it difficult to say goodbye. The entertainers kept everyone busy with promoting activities such as beach Olympics and parties, shows going on that night, games, dance lessons, Spanish lessons and many other activities. You could never be bored here. The food was delicious; it's served buffet style (though there are restaurants available) and there was always a lot of selection. Sometimes they have special dinners and a couple of nights there were even bands that came around and sung for you. I wish I bought their CDs.The night shows were fun and entertaining, the dance numbers were really good. The night life was fun, there was a disco hall that on a number of nights had quite a few people in it. There's a good sized dance floor, a pool table, bar, and tables and chairs. The music is good and you can request through out the night. If you are in your early 20s like my friends and I and are looking for the big party scene though I would say it depends on the night, but usually there will be other people your age and if not the workers will make sure you have an awesome time anyway. Make sure you arrive on the Monday or Tuesday to experience the giant beach party, that was my favourite night! The beach area itself was very nice, there was another bar and a beach volleyball area. Tons of chairs available, just again, get there early if you want a good spot with shade. The water was magical, looks better than you imagined it. Overall I wouldn't change anything about my experience here; it was more than I asked for and I'm definitely set on going again in the near future.

8  Thank vacaspots21
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed at Playa coco hotel from Feb. 18-26. We had a few issues with our room; our water pressure was really low and we had a flood into our room from the other room, but other than that, the staff, maintenance, and the maids were awesome! Everyone was really kind and I had a blast! The best part of the trip was definitely the entertainment staff, especially Michael and Jack! The trip would not have been the same without them! They kept us busy and entertained throughout the entire trip! I would definitely go back! Plus, the weather was amazing the entire time....not a drop of rain!!!!!

Room Tip: If you get a chance, I would definitely upgrade your room to a suite!
3  Thank Carly D
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I went to this resort on Feb 16th-24th with my fiancee and 3 of our friends. We had an amazing Spring Break here! I don't really have anything bad to say about this resort. Our room was big and very clean. We always got new towels and toilet paper daily.

Everyone told us to be careful of the food in Cuba so we went in with low expectations, but found the food pretty good overall! There was always a variety of food to eat and we definitely didn't starve! The pasta bar was my favorite. Out of the 5 a la cartes our favorite was the Japanese, but we didn't like the Seafood one. There was a 24 hour bar where you could also get food, but just a few things - including ice cream which we loved!

The entertainers were great, they were always getting everyone involved and having fun. We participated in most things and had a great time :) There was always something fun going on.

The beach was beautiful and the atmosphere of the resort was awesome, I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Rooms furthest from the beach would be the best if you don't want to hear all the sounds from th...
2  Thank Jessica T
9.3 km away
TRYP Cayo Coco
TRYP Cayo Coco
#7 of 12 in Cayo Coco

Been to Hotel Playa Coco? Share your experiences!