4,748 results
All reviews don diego pool bar pizza main beach fish great holiday animation team buffet restaurant the thomas cook rep chicken sister hotel poor country beach restaurant stir fry holiday makers open top bus the real cuba
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

As I missed my September trip ( hurricane week) I booked my stay in the Sol. Cayo Coco has been my destination of choice for the past 15 years whenever I need my “ battery recharge” and this was the first time I stayed at this hotel. A lot of rooms sustained damage and were under renovation daily. My room was spotless and I enjoyed quiet evenings overlooking the mini gol course and waiking up with the sounds and views of the ocean. ( Thank you Zorita for this room choice); Food was plentiful however I missed Theme nights offered in Mojito. Staff was professional. I enjoyed my long walks and swimming in the ocean and I am on my way again this coming Wednesday.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank AleksandarLazar
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

This was our first time in an all inclusive and in Cuba. We thought it was a great resort, great value for money. The beaches easily accessible and beautiful. The buffet was surprisingly good, the cooking stations were the best.
Service was great, especially Elvis our waiter of an evening. Thank you Sol, Cayo Coco.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Good points............beach fantastic, always get sunbeds. The 2nd beach was lovely, too, but it was spoilt by the hundreds of locals that they bussed in every morning. Some of theses locals were getting food & drink at the pool bar and the buffet, regardless of them having no wristbands. I seen this first hand and a couple of other guests filmed them. The staff at the buffet were lovely and could not do enough for you, but the staff at the pool bar were so rude and ignorant.......they always served the locals first, even if they were pouring your drinks, they would stop mid-pour to fill their giant containers they drank out of. The pool menu was very basic........disgusting pizzas, burger & chips which were smothered in ketchup even if you never asked for it.tuna baguettes were on the menu, but they never had tuna once in 2 weeks. The pool itself was really nice, but once again was spoilt by locals swamping the place. ...........they were like locusts with the food. There were a never ending number of people complaining to customer services & the rep. The rep, to be fair was very good and tried to solve all the complaints that were put to her. The lobby bar were hiding the international brands, such as Absolute vodka until the rep, Lynsey, told them to make sure everything was displayed. Every single night they ran out of prosecco, or whatever their equivalent was. We were told that drinks on the higher shelves were unavailable unless we paid extra for them, but myself and another guest watched a barman stand on the bar to reach a fancy whisky which he poured for a local without charge. When we asked why, he totally denied it. The food in the buffet was not the best...... Beef stew, pork and chicken was on every single mealtime. You have never seen chips cooked so black in all your life. Same flavoured ice cream every day , not much fruit and the desserts were poor. Outside of meal times there was nowhere to get anything to eat unless you stayed in the lobby bar until 1145pm when they wheeled out the same food every single night......ham & cheese rolls with an option to toast them a little bit. After hearing from other guests how bad their rooms were, we must have been lucky......it was basic and clean, but it wasn't cleaned for the first 2 days and they even ran out of clean towels. Because of the lovely people we met and sat with every night, we enjoyed our holiday, despite everything else. We would certainly not return here and would not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: August 2018
9  Thank boloBirkenhead
Guillermo S, General Manager at Sol Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Guest,

First of all, Thank you for writing your comment in this Web site all these comments are very useful to improve in our services and facilities , It's totally true that these months are a little complicate to manage some services which you mentioned in your Review , we try to control the correct behavior from all the customers but unfortunately some times it's impossible, Let me say you that July and August are Holidays months in Cuba and the hotel has high occupancy with this local market , Please accept our apologies concerning the quality food and service in the snack area, we going to double check taking in count your comments . Concerning the international brands ,we offer our standard according our category there are some brands which the hotel haven't them but no just in the hotel if not in the whole Cuba. We regret that we were unable to meet with your expectation what for us has been a failure ,please accept again the sincere apologies and we hope you could give us another opportunity for changing your perception.

Best Regards

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I travelled alone in March for the first time in my life and went to the Sol Cayo Coco,
my room was on the third floor and faced the pool and the beach, terrific view and the bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom was totally updated and the shower was wonderful with lots of pressure.
The staff were wonderful to me, and they went out of their way to make me feel special from the front desk to the gentleman at the beach who cleaned my chair every day. Eating by myself was even a good experience at the specialty restaurant and every day at the buffet. The food was good although not too different every day but I could always find something to eat, the pizza and burgers were wonderful at the pool restaurant. I would highly recommend this resort and I would gladly go back again in a heartbeat. The beach was incredible and the water extremely clear, the staff are what makes this resort though, nothing was too much trouble for them and when I left I felt like family

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank marleyv
Guillermo S, General Manager at Sol Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear client,
In the name of the Hotel Management, we would like to express you how pleased we are to read that you had enjoyed your stay among us as your review shows us and we are very pleased for your positive lines referring our facilities, pristine beaches, accommodation, quality of services, gastronomy and the friendliness of our staff members; know that your message will be forwarded and we are sure that it will make them feel even prouder of what they do, which is providing our guests with the best attention and affection they can offer. In Sol Cayo Coco we want our valuable costumers to enjoy memorable holidays.
We cordially invite you and your family to visit us one more time so you can enjoy our facilities. We remain at your disposal for any further assistance prior to your return.
We hope to see you very soon.
Warmest regards....

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel because it had been awarded a certificate of excellence and were assured that hotels with this award had to be of a very high standard. What a joke! The room was dirty, hairs all over the bathroom and a foul smell. The door was broken and there was no dial to change the air con so the room was constantly freezing. We had to put the blankets on us at night and they had a horrible musty smell.
We had to queue for over 30 minutes to get into the restaurant for dinner, when we finally did get in the food was awful, tasteless and unappetising.
We had to queue for a long time at the pool snack bar also, when we finally got the food we couldn’t eat it.. an undercooked burger in a grease soaked bun. It was vile.
There were no international alcoholic brands and the mixers used were flat. The drinks tasted awful and the entertainment was poor.
After 2 days we went to the Thomas cook rep who was very helpful and offered to move us straight away to another hotel, which we did. When we got there we met 2 other families who had all been moved from The Sol.
There are obviously major issues at this hotel and Thomas cook should not be sending people there, or at least not be charging premium prices. We work hard all year round and pay good money for our holidays and the first few days spoilt our first experience of Cuba.
I will say the beaches here were absolutely beautiful, and the staff are lovely, but unfortunately that was the best part of this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
18  Thank kate n
Guillermo S, General Manager at Sol Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Guest;
First of all ,thank you for writing your opinion, for us is very useful all the comments because these help us to improve in our services and facilities .Accept our apologies for the problems which you explain in your review ,we are working in all the points and we going to consider your comments to correct and offer better service , It's true that in this period of time we have had a high occupancy, fact that has generate many complaints about the queues. Reference to the food quality we are working very hard and we already have some changes concerning that.Please we regret and offer you our apologies and we hope you could give us another opportunity to change your perception of our hotel.
Best Regards