All reviews pleasure of staying two night stay clean rooms hiking trails the owner gary newfoundland hosts
Reviewed 12 July 2018

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying with Charmaine and Gary in their beautiful B&B. for three nights. Right away this couple made us feel very comfortable in their home. Our bedroom was beautiful, with a view of the water and a bed that at the end of the day was amazing to sleep in! Gary was an excellent guide to all the hiking trails around town, providing us with a detailed map. Our morning breakfast was relaxed in the family kitchen area with my husband and myself enjoyed a leisurely meal with the other guests. Gary and Charmaine were both part of our morning conversations, providing us with a greater understanding of the culture of Newfoundland. This review wouldn't be complete without a mention of the morning berry cobbler made fresh each day. Thank you for an incredible visit!

Room Tip: each room is distinct and beautifully decorated.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I don't write Trip Advisor reviews very often, but I will for this visit. If you want to experience what Newfoundland has to offer, in a short time frame, then fly into Gander, rent a car, and drive up Route 331 to Twillingate. Before you go, call Gary at Twillingate Century House B & B and book a room. Then relax and enjoy the island's authentic people and experience. Twillingate was originally an inland fishing port that became a commercial fishing harbour and is now a super duper tourist destination with whales, tour boats, a lighthouse, many many quiet coves, hiking trails, museums, restaurants and B & Bs, and even, sometimes, icebergs. In other words, it's a total destination.

And then there is Gary Young and his lovely spouse, Charmaine (a nature photographer), who are Newfoundlanders to the core and delightful as hosts. Gary holds down the B&B booking side of the operation while Charmaine prepares a seasonal berry bread pudding for breakfast that is to die for. Eight of us sat at their large breakfast table the other day - a couple from San Diego, two travelers from Portland Oregon, two others originally from Germany, and the pair of us from Ontario. Conversation was, to say the least, quite fine, with Gary regaling us at times from a 'distinctly Newfoundland perspective' while serving up partridge berry pudding. Go there soon!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank David N
Reviewed 5 July 2018

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying with Gary and Charmaine for four nights. Gary was a wonderful host providing us with information about local attractions, dining and even sharing his own assessments of which hikes were not as scenic as others. He has a friendly, warm and helpful personality along with a great sense of humour. Breakfast was held at a large table adjoining the kitchen where all his guests could share their experiences. There was always hot food provided and it was delicious. If interested in hiking I would recommend at least three days to explore this area.

Room Tip: Book early so you can actually have a choice
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Friendly. Welcoming .Comfortable home. Clean rooms. Good food. Great knowledge of area. Centrally located. Need at least 2 days in Twillingate to see all . Twillingate dinner theatre a must see. A friendly community

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The owner Gary makes you feel very confortable.As he is a volunteer for the hiking trails in the area, he told me where to go for the best viewpoints.
The breakfats were divine.
Thank you Gary and Charmaine.

Room Tip: It is a bed and breakfast
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo