“A modern twist ”

Ranked #103 of 213 Restaurants in Woking
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

A first visit and I will certainly return , reading other reviews I was concerned it might be hit and miss but for a midweek change it was certainly a hit
Bangla beer which is not always available with a couple of poppadoms whilst I looked at the specials , I opted for the duck dish with coconut rice , it was full of flavour without being too salty or having too much chilli added
My friend who eats here regularly has good rapport with the friendly waiting staff and is being encouraged to be more adventurous , so I was also intrigued to try his shaktora , which again was very tasty
I would have reservations on eating in on a busy Saturday night with takeaways flying out the door , but on my own experience it was very good .

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We thought we would try a different takeaway this evening and I must say the food was very good. It took a while to come, but to be fair they were very clear it was going to be over an hour and they delivered within a few minutes of the confirmed time (if we live on a better lit road they would have probably been on time).

My chicken sag was bang on, the lamb kebabs for starter were really tasty and portions were of a good size (but more importantly the quality of the food was excellent).

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

We didn't actually eat in the restaurant, although I have done in the past. We ordered a take away.

After 1 hour the food hadn't arrived, so we called and were told that it was on its way. 20 mins later it still hadn't arrived.

When it FINALLY arrived (and after another very terse phone call) part of the order was missing. We called again to complain and the man we spoke to started arguing on the phone, suggesting that wasn't the case. We persisted until they said they'd bring the missing part of the meal. When the driver arrived he was very aggressive and called my Father a liar, saying that they had delivered the whole order the first time.

There are so many wrong parts to this whole saga - not accepting responsibility for being at fault, being aggressive and then calling my father a liar. And THAT is why we'll never order from Balaka again.

Also, my Dad called again to complain about how hostile the driver had been and asked to speak to the manager, only to be told that he was unavailable.

REALLY disappointing turn of events and now none of my family or friends will be ordering from them again!

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Has many excellent meals here over the years. It never let us down and was consistently good. But last two meals have dropped down to mediocre.

Which is both surprising and concerning! Making us wonder wether we need to find a new Indian to chose from.

Genuinely concerned, as a good curry house is a string in the bow of any village. Fingers crossed that things get back to where they were with the taste of the food here.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Great place and the staff were very friendly. Food was good, great selection and tasty. Beer was good as well. A great solid Indian - can't go far wrong.