“Welcomed by charming staff”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The George and Dragon
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Westerham
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We were returning from a long weekend away, with 3 kids 4, 6,8 and a dog, we needed to feed them and us grown ups. I popped in to see if mut was ok to bring in, well the manager Patrick could not have been more welcoming, he was charming and made us feel at home. We only had a lite lunch, but it was fresh and tasty.

Their full menu looked gorgeous- this is a place that will make you feel comfortable and welcomed- loved it, thank you Patrick

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Three of us visited on a Wednesday afternoon for lunch to celebrate my mums birthday. I had been wanting to bring her to the George & Dragon for a while as I had such a nice experience on my first visit.

On arrival we waited at the bar, I asked if we could have a table upstairs and the barman said that it wasn't open due to lack of staffing. He didn't offer us a table downstairs as an alternative, or a drink while we waited so I asked how long the wait was for a table downstairs.

I was met with 'how long is a piece of string', which was no help whatsoever, so we felt we had no choice but to leave. I genuinely felt that they made it clear they didn't really want any more customers that day and they were clearly understaffed, which leaves me wondering if the George & Dragon is going down hill.

4  Thank laughs19
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Again a really enjoyable visit; very busy, but every thing was delivered with quality, speed , effectively, food was as expected first class, and service was done with care for quality and expectations of the clientele, bar staff attentive and a big thank you to you Stacey, a younger lady who to me has been their for ever, please never leave , see you all again soon
Robin and candice

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

It's cold outside and raining, why should we be outside. A warm welcome awaited as we opened the door. Very kind gentleman clearly understood our need for Sunday lunch and showed to a quiet corner.

Another friendly face took our order.

The food arrived quickly, good sized portions. Hot and ready to eat.

We were warm and comfortable. Overaĺl we were impressed and have no hesitation in recommending The George & Dragon.

1  Thank James O