I held my wedding here in December 2009 and the majority of my guests stayed here also.
The staff of this hotel could not do enough for me and my guests and I would recommend anyone to both stay here or to hold a function here.
I appreciate that the style of the hotel from the outside is not as attractive as some hotels but that is not the fault of the Holiday Inn - this hotel used to be owned by another chain. To be honest it didn't bother me at all, once inside, the professionalism of the staff and the clean lines of the interior far outweighed any disappointment obtained by the outside first impression.
The reception staff were helpful to both me and my guests, ensuring that early check in's were arranged and breakfasts' organised for those who had not prepaid for one. The other visible staff were cleaners and bar staff, all of whom were friendly.
The rooms are on the small side granted, but I believe that the hotel is undergoing a radical update in which the rooms are being updated? I am not 100% sure of this but I heard no complaint from any of my guests regarding the size of the rooms.
The hotel is excellent location wise with links to the M56/M6/M62 motorways and with local trainstations being only a few minutes drive away. The hotel itself is adjacent to a quiet housing estate and so lends itself to restful sleep - welcome after a long day sightseeing in nearby Liverpool/Chester or Manchester! It also has a swimming pool and gym onsite for winding down or relaxation.
I have eaten breakfast and evening meal here and the food has been consistent and of an excellent standard. The wedding food was well above average and of excellent quality and I recieved compliments from all guests regarding it.
In short I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to explore the northwest from an easily accessible location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Runcorn enjoys an excellent location close to M56 Jct 12 and with close proximity to Chester, Liverpool and Manchester . This Runcorn hotel is an excellent base for visiting local attractions such as Chester Zoo, Cheshire Oakes, Liverpool FC and Manchester United FC. The Hotel combines an excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including Kids Stay & Eat Free*. Facilities include 153 bedrooms including standard, executive, family and accessible rooms, all are fully air-conditioned and have High Speed Internet Access. Conference and banqueting facilities for up to 500 people and a Spirit Health and Leisure Club which includes a swimming pool. The hotel boasts 11 meeting rooms that cater for all requirements from training courses, meetings to weddings and dinner dances. Complimentary and accessible car parking is available.The Spirit Health and Leisure club offers a gym and a large indoor heated swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Runcorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Runcorn Hotel Runcorn
- Runcorn Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Runcorn Cheshire