“Amazing Service - Great Location”

Holiday Inn Runcorn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Widnes, Cheshire
“Amazing Service - Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

I held my wedding here in December 2009 and the majority of my guests stayed here also.

The staff of this hotel could not do enough for me and my guests and I would recommend anyone to both stay here or to hold a function here.

I appreciate that the style of the hotel from the outside is not as attractive as some hotels but that is not the fault of the Holiday Inn - this hotel used to be owned by another chain. To be honest it didn't bother me at all, once inside, the professionalism of the staff and the clean lines of the interior far outweighed any disappointment obtained by the outside first impression.

The reception staff were helpful to both me and my guests, ensuring that early check in's were arranged and breakfasts' organised for those who had not prepaid for one. The other visible staff were cleaners and bar staff, all of whom were friendly.

The rooms are on the small side granted, but I believe that the hotel is undergoing a radical update in which the rooms are being updated? I am not 100% sure of this but I heard no complaint from any of my guests regarding the size of the rooms.

The hotel is excellent location wise with links to the M56/M6/M62 motorways and with local trainstations being only a few minutes drive away. The hotel itself is adjacent to a quiet housing estate and so lends itself to restful sleep - welcome after a long day sightseeing in nearby Liverpool/Chester or Manchester! It also has a swimming pool and gym onsite for winding down or relaxation.

I have eaten breakfast and evening meal here and the food has been consistent and of an excellent standard. The wedding food was well above average and of excellent quality and I recieved compliments from all guests regarding it.

In short I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to explore the northwest from an easily accessible location.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
DonsRuncorn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 17 January 2011
Dear Mrs_Sud
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your wedding here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am delighted to hear that you had a most enjoyable day and along with your guests you found the staff to be helpful and the food of excellent quality.
Unfortunately the appearance of the hotel from an on-lookers perspective is not something that I can address as you have stated therefore I am pleased to find that you appreciate the work that goes on inside the hotel to deliver a clean hotel with professional staff to ensure you have a most enjoyable stay.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Adam Munday

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

Stayed here with a new work collegue and have to say I was disappointed. The room was tiny, had no toilet paper, a faulty TV and faulty telephone. We ordered 2 pints of Stella both were flat and had to be changed. The service in the restaurant was excellent, the food however was not. The self serve indian had obviously been cooked hours before we ate it and was dry, overcooked and fairly tasteless. To add insult to injury a glass of wine was a jaw dropping £7 and thats not for a 250ml one.
Okay for a one off business stay, but eat and drink elsewere.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
DonsRuncorn, Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 16 December 2010
Dear eddie8105
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am sorry to hear that there where certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the facilities in your bedroom and the food at dinner.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment and I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that your comments have been passed on to the Kitchen and Housekeeping team for further investigation.
Unfortunately the bar prices are set by our Head Office and we are unable to change these. I am sorry that I did not get the chance to speak with you during your stay regarding your disappointing visit as without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
Runcorn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

Rip off bar prices, treble the local bar prices every time you get a drink your charged different rates and given excuses... Poor service no follow up from complaints. Would not go back or use holiday inn ever again after this service .

Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Dear MandyIbiza,
I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience during your stay here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn. Unfortunately our bar prices are set by Head Office and this is not in our power to change these, however I am concerned to hear that you were charged different prices and complaints were not followed up. I am sorry that I did not have chance to speak to you regarding your complaints during your stay here and I will be speaking with our Bar Manager to ensure further training is given where necessary to staff on procedures for customer complaints.
Many Thanks for your feedback – without it I would not be able to improve our service which is something that I strive to do.
Adam Munday

Travellers are raving about these Runcorn hotels

london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

I cannot recommend this hotel. Why not? £15 for internet access. Complete rip-off by Holiday Inn.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
DonsRuncorn, Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 16 November 2010
Dear verchaixbob,
Thank you for taking the time to respond to your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
Unfortunately the Holiday Inn Group are tied into a contract with the current internet provider until May 2011. However due to customer feedback I am delighted to announce that we are changing providers in June 2011 to enable us to give our guests a better deal.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

This hotel is oK if your looking for a hotel fairly close to Runcorn. Rooms are fine, in fact now they have newly installed PVC double glazing at last, as the old metal ones were rotten. Room service on my stay was unusually slow, taking almost an hour to be delivered. Staff are effiecent and the public areas clean and tidt, the lounge having a large screen TV on which they show all the football. Although being a Platinum PCM I didn`t get an upgrade but was recognised with drinks and chocolate. All in all I will as many times before stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Alicanteman
Dear Alicanteman,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am pleased to hear that you found the new windows to be an asset. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your stay that you found disappointing. I can assure you that your comments regarding your room service delay and upgrade have been passed on to the relevant Heads of Department to action.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Adam Munday
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
1.9 km away
The Old Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Frodsham
5.9 km away
Premier Inn Widnes Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Runcorn? Share your experiences!