“Classic dining "The very best of British"”
Review of The Stanneylands

The Stanneylands
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Having eagerly awaited the reopening of the old Stanneylands Hotel and now experienced it, we were most certainly not disappointed.

About one year ago the hotel was bought out by the very successful business partnership of Mark Bowler and Gary Corbett, who have a top reputation in hospitality management and fresh initiatives. It has to be said yet again another outstanding success to produce a totally different experience.at the Stanneylands.

With almost £1.8 million investment, re-branding and new management resulting in one of the most enjoyable fresco drinking and dining establishments in Cheshire and the North West.

My wife and I dined there last night for the first time since the reopening in April and the whole experience can be summed up in two words "total excellence"!

We arrived at 6.30 to dine at 7.00 pm, so we could have a good look around at all the new changes. Firstly we were most professionally and warmly welcomed with a lovely smile and greeting by the girls on reception. It has to be said that immediately the front of house staff went out of their way to be helpful and personally showed us to the main bar next to where we were dining.

We ordered our drinks and they were brought to us personally in the lounge area.
A totally relaxed atmosphere where nothing was too much for the staff. We then had a good look around at all the changes.The whole place has been totally refurbished to the very highest standards possible. With an eye for detail and those small touches which are so important to the customer, where nothing has been left to chance. This of course directly reflects the reputation of the Mark Bowler and Geoff Corbett the new owners, where everything is to the very highest standards possible.

As it was our wedding anniversary we dined in the more formal restaurant "The Grill Room", but there are also two other restaurants "The Tap & Pantry" and of course "The Parlour" which is for drinks and daytime dining.

The theme of the whole building and décor is based on "the very best of British". From the original wooden panelling, beautiful furnishing and very tasteful art work to reflect this stunning historic mansion house.

We were greeted in the lounge by our waitress for the evening, once again in a very friendly and professional manner. She brought us to our table and personally ran through the various options available. Once again in a very professional but totally friendly and relaxed manner.

There then arrived a complementary basket of Yorkshire smoked rapeseed oil bread and handmade butter, we were then also served our wine and water.

Our meal arrived soon after and here again the presentation of the food and the standard was of the very highest level.

As a starter my wife decided on Western Isles scallops, warm tomato, black pudding and crispy bacon crumble. From my part I went for the smoked duck with asparagus salad and Clementine dressing. For the main course my wife had the sea bream fish with vegetables and trimmings and I had the 8 oz fillet steak, grill garnish, hand cut chips and peppercorn sauce. Finally sticky toffee pudding and caramel vanilla clotted ice cream with a good glass of red wine to wash it all down. All totally delicious and cooked by the chef to perfection, who could ask for more!

We then left the restaurant, had a nice chat with our waitress having had a truly lovely anniversary meal in what must be said is one of the very best establishments I have ever had the pleasure to dine.

Oh by the way one really nice touch before I finish was the General Manager Carina Martins came down at the end of a long day (8.30/9.00pm) to actually talk with each guest in the restaurant individually and ensure they enjoyed their meal. Now that's what I mean by perfection and total dedication. I didn't even get that sort of service when I stayed at the Dorchester in London and to think this is a four star establishment. But I have got a funny feeling five star is just around the corner.

So my advice is if you are local and want a lovely evening and meal, or say an American tourist and want to experience "The very best of British" cooking and hospitality then look no further. Remember "The Stanneylands" is only ten minutes by car from Manchester International Airport and it has 52 beautifully refurbished bedrooms available.

Thanks Carina for a lovely evening Ted Comiskey (retired Managing Director).

Room Tip: These people really take great pride in all the services they supply and nothing is too much, so ple...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Stanneylands, General Manager at The Stanneylands, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear Mr. Comiskey,

Thank you for your detailed review of your dining experience at The Stanneylands.

After speaking with you, it is wonderful to know how loyal you are to us and it has been great getting to know you.

Please do contact me directly when you come to visit us again soon, I will as always love to come and say hello!

I hope you are enjoying your Summer!

Best Wishes,
Carina Martins

There are newer reviews for The Stanneylands

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Checkin cumbersome, checkout cumbersome, coupled with no notice or apology of a planned power cut which left my colleagues and I in pitch darkness for 7 of the 13 hours I was in the venue. Food is nice but more a boutique type hotel than a business hotel

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stanneylands, Guest Relations Manager at The Stanneylands, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing The Stanneylands. Feedback is very important as we use it as a tool to develop upon our goods and services so thank you for providing us with this.

I am sorry to hear you faced issues during check in and check out and that we fell below our usual high standard that we strive to achieve. I assure you I will address your feedback directly to the Departmental Manager.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. Please do contact me directly if you return and I will personally take charge of the boking process for you.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

A beautiful hotel that is well maintained and extreamly well looked after. Staff are attentive and well mannered in all areas of the hotel and restaurant.
The bar and restaurant are a delight and offer a great atmosphere.
The room is lovely and clean and the pressure on the shower is something I would desire at home. No air conditioning is my only niggle, but not an issue. Personal preference

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stanneylands, Guest Relations Manager at The Stanneylands, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review of The Stanneylands!

It is a pleasure reading your review and thank you so much for your wonderful words regarding the team- I will personally make sure the team are aware of your kind words.

I am so glad that you liked your room, if you stay with us again soon I would recommend staying in one of our beautiful boutique rooms which are equip with air conditioning.

I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We popped in for a coffee and to have a snack. We went to the hotel because a member of my famiy has booked this hotel for a very special birthday celebration, so we went to have a nosey. I was so disappointed. Rude staff, no welcome, bad service. I'm afraid it all seems style over substance! It felt more like we were an inconvenience. I sincerely hope it is sorted out before we visit again for the celebration. The people who have invested in this hotel seriously need to give staff some training and encouragement to perform better.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jinks

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I do apologise for the disappointing visit you have had recently. We certainly do not see any of our guest’s in this light and we strive to offer the very best service we can all the time.

If you can contact me directly I will look into this for you and I will help to erase any doubts you may have so you can look forward to enjoying your event with us.

Helena.camu@stanneylands.co.uk

Reviewed 18 July 2017

The Hotel was ideal for the purpose of our visit attending a wedding at Styal Lodge. Rooms were excellent. Check in was very disappointing (were told we could check in at some point after 2 -depending on when rooms were ready as it had been very busy the night before-not very satisfactory
would expect there would be enough housekeeping staff to cope. Breakfast would have been excellent had it not been cold. Most of the staff were very helpful and pleasant.

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Stanneylands.

I am thrilled that the majority of your stay was great and thank you for your kind words about the team.

In regards to your check in experience check in is from 2pm- I have liaised with the Reception team regarding this.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Helena

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
4.9 km away
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
0.9 km away
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel

Been to The Stanneylands? Share your experiences!