The Stanneylands
US$119
US$76
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsquirky decorwhole eventbeautiful hotelfunction roomwedding partymain barmanchester airportlovely foodfor sunday lunchbreakfast was includedfresh milkgreat nightfrom start to finishquiet locationone night staywedding receptionshort stay
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Checkin cumbersome, checkout cumbersome, coupled with no notice or apology of a planned power cut which left my colleagues and I in pitch darkness for 7 of the 13 hours I was in the venue. Food is nice but more a boutique type hotel than a business hotel

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stanneylands, Guest Relations Manager at The Stanneylands, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing The Stanneylands. Feedback is very important as we use it as a tool to develop upon our goods and services so thank you for providing us with this.

I am sorry to hear you faced issues during check in and check out and that we fell below our usual high standard that we strive to achieve. I assure you I will address your feedback directly to the Departmental Manager.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. Please do contact me directly if you return and I will personally take charge of the boking process for you.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

A beautiful hotel that is well maintained and extreamly well looked after. Staff are attentive and well mannered in all areas of the hotel and restaurant.
The bar and restaurant are a delight and offer a great atmosphere.
The room is lovely and clean and the pressure on the shower is something I would desire at home. No air conditioning is my only niggle, but not an issue. Personal preference

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stanneylands, Guest Relations Manager at The Stanneylands, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review of The Stanneylands!

It is a pleasure reading your review and thank you so much for your wonderful words regarding the team- I will personally make sure the team are aware of your kind words.

I am so glad that you liked your room, if you stay with us again soon I would recommend staying in one of our beautiful boutique rooms which are equip with air conditioning.

I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We popped in for a coffee and to have a snack. We went to the hotel because a member of my famiy has booked this hotel for a very special birthday celebration, so we went to have a nosey. I was so disappointed. Rude staff, no welcome, bad service. I'm afraid it all seems style over substance! It felt more like we were an inconvenience. I sincerely hope it is sorted out before we visit again for the celebration. The people who have invested in this hotel seriously need to give staff some training and encouragement to perform better.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jinks

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I do apologise for the disappointing visit you have had recently. We certainly do not see any of our guest’s in this light and we strive to offer the very best service we can all the time.

If you can contact me directly I will look into this for you and I will help to erase any doubts you may have so you can look forward to enjoying your event with us.

Helena.camu@stanneylands.co.uk

Reviewed 18 July 2017

The Hotel was ideal for the purpose of our visit attending a wedding at Styal Lodge. Rooms were excellent. Check in was very disappointing (were told we could check in at some point after 2 -depending on when rooms were ready as it had been very busy the night before-not very satisfactory
would expect there would be enough housekeeping staff to cope. Breakfast would have been excellent had it not been cold. Most of the staff were very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Stanneylands.

I am thrilled that the majority of your stay was great and thank you for your kind words about the team.

In regards to your check in experience check in is from 2pm- I have liaised with the Reception team regarding this.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Disappintned with the delivery of afternoon tea. Lack of enthusiasm and courtesy from the staff. It was not busy and service was extremely poor. No explanation of cakes or even choice of teas, prompts were required and basic things such as receiving a menu came once asked for it. Not the afternoon tea experience we were hoping. Would not go again! Ruined our day and experience.
We are waiting for explanation from the management for why the service was so poor. Staff require more training.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maria T

Dear Maria,

I believe our Restaurant and Bar Manager Nicola has been in discussion with you directly regarding this.

Please accept our sincere apologises for any inconvenience we may have caused you.